PanoCube vs. Pano2QTVR Pro

  • Peter Sale
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2007
      I'm tooling up for a VR Panorama creation effort. I currently own a one year
      old copy of PanoCube (that I can't seem to get working at the moment), but I
      was aware of the existence of another tool, Pano2QTVR Pro. I would like
      anyone's suggestion as to which one I should settle on, and why.

      -
      Regards,
      Peter Sale
      Santa Monica, CA USA
    • Yuval Levy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2007
        Peter Sale wrote:
        > I would like
        > anyone's suggestion as to which one I should settle on, and why.

        it depends what your needs are.

        both tools can be used to create QTVR and both QTVRs are valid, but
        that's about all what they have in common.

        PanoCube Plus is also available for Linux, FreeBSD and Mac while
        Pano2QTVR is only available for Windows.

        Pano2QTVR has a GUI while PanoCube is CLI driven only.

        Pano2QTVR can also create Flash panoramas (although the format is less
        interesting than Flashpanoramas.com) and ObjectVR movies, while PanoCube
        is limited to QTVR.

        Pano2QTVR also generates web output for SPi-V and other panorama engines.

        I have seen more and faster development lately in Pano2QTVR than in
        PanoCube.

        YMMV
        Yuv