Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: optimizing a 10.5mm lens in PTgui

  • Milko Amorth
    Message 1 of 16 , Jul 5, 2007
      Hi Matt, hi Serge,

      > Don't know about Milko, but I used the tiled wall in my bathroom

      Tiles are great if you can trust your tiler ;-) I do use my tiled shower
      to do a precise script for close-ups under 10 feet.
      In general you need a true grid to fill your view finder and be at least
      10 feet away or more. Highrise buildings make the best target when you
      have one opposite and can shoot with the horizon in the center. Laser
      levels can help as well. For normal lenses I have a grid map pano on the
      wall made of chart paper.

      Like Serge said, the optimizer will do what you tell it to do. Remember,
      it does not look at the picture but the coordinates you set (Xpixel and
      Ypixel).

      Happy stitching,
      Cheers, Milko

      --
      Milko Amorth
      360° Immersive Imaging

      PhotoScrapbook at Flickr.com/photos/vrdundee
      Skype me @ vrdundee
      Member of IVRPA.org