Re: PTgui layers in PS

  • matt_nolan_uaf
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 5, 2007
      Thanks Joost. I understand it better now, and was able to modify
      what I needed to. But I'm a little confused -- is the multi-blend
      dealing with just exposure, or warping as well? In other words, why
      dont the layers line up the way the final blend does?

      In general, I find the blending amazing, particular when it comes to
      people. I took a panorama during a wedding, where there was slight
      movement of arms etc between shots, but the for most part PTgui
      figured selected parts of the images that made everything look good.
      Is it somehow possible to get a mask of the way PTgui selected
      images? I'm not sure if this would be helpful in terms of
      corrections, I'm more just curious.

      -Matt

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Joost Nieuwenhuijse <imim@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Matt,
      >
      > Please see 4.3:
      > http://www.ptgui.com/support.html#4_3
      >
      > And a tutorial at:
      > http://www.ptgui.com/examples/postprocessing/
      >
      > Joost
      >

      > matt_nolan_uaf wrote:
      > > I'm new to photoshop and PT gui, so I may be missing something
      really
      > > obvious here, but when I output my panoramas into photoshop, I
      get
      > > three results I dont like:
      > >
      > > - If I output as layers and blended, then the layer masks are all
      > > black -- so there is no assistance in terms of what PTgui used
      for
      > > masks to make the blend.
      > >
      > > - If I output as layers only, then the layer masks are set to the
      > > full image. This again is of no assistance in terms of what
      PTgui
      > > used to make the blend.
      > >
      > > - The layers dont line up the way the blend does in either case,
      > > meaning I cant just collapse them to get the blend.
      > >
      > > All I'm trying to do is touch up a few seams where people moved
      > > between shots and I want to erase the double within the overlap.
      But