shooting 8 around w/10.5? or 6?

  • Christopher Mann
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 31, 2006
      I have been shooting 8 around plus nadir and zenith w/ my 10.5 Nikon
      on a D2X. More than one person whom I respect has told me that this
      is overkill and that all I need to shoot is 6 around plus nadir and
      zenith.

      is the advantage of shooting 8

      1. it helps the stitcher ( I am using PTMac )

      2. when cleaning up with layer masks, you have more information to
      play with.
      _________________________________
      Christopher Mann
      Christopher Mann Photography
      Dallas/Ft. Worth/Irving, Texas
      972-313-1728
      photography portfolio: http://mannphoto.com
      virtual tour portfolio: http://virtualvisitor.com
      Member ASMP.org, DORBA.org, TLCA.org

      As you wander on through life,
      whatever be your goal,
      keep your eye upon the donut,
      and not upon the hole.

    • Scott Rowed
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 31, 2006
        Chris,

        I also use the D2X/10.5 combo and find that 6 around gives plenty of
        overlap. That's with PTGui, but I can't imagine PTMac would really be
        any different in this regard.

        Maybe if I were doing a handheld or aerial pano I'd use 8 around, but
        that would be mainly to compensate for lack of precision in the rotating.

        Scott