World Wide Panorama Event "Community" June 2007

  • Dave 360texas.com
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 4, 2007
      The University of California at Berkeley, World Wide Panorama Event
      web site is now public. This is the 14th event since inception March
      2004. The 360° panorama display is valued because it shows us
      diversity and commonality of people, places around the world.

      This site is a collection of over 3000 panoramas taken by 800
      professional and first-timers photographers from more than 70
      nations.

      http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp/index.html

      This event theme was "Community"

      Here are 4 photographers in Texas.

      http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp607/RegionIndex.ht
      ml#USA-Texas

      When you first enter a photographers entry area.. you are seeing
      small version of the panorama. Below look for an ICON that
      reads "Full Screen". Click that and it will open to the full width
      of your screen. You should see them on my 22" monitor.
    • dmgalpha
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 4, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Dave 360texas.com"
        <texas360dave@...> wrote:

        > The University of California at Berkeley, World Wide Panorama Event
        > web site is now public. This is the 14th event since inception March
        > 2004. The 360° panorama display is valued because it shows us
        > diversity and commonality of people, places around the world.
        >
        > This site is a collection of over 3000 panoramas taken by 800
        > professional and first-timers photographers from more than 70
        > nations.
        >
        > http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp/index.html

        Has anybody created an edited list of the images? I really don't have
        the time to sift through 3000 panoramas. It would be great to see what
        some people consider the best-of those those 3000.

        dmg
      • Fung Yu
        Message 3 of 12 , Jul 4, 2007
          Hi Friends,

          Happy to share my 2nd travel article published under Inquirer.net.

          http://inquirerbloggers.net/talesofthenomad/2007/07/05/a-virtual-guimaras-day/

          Enjoy! :-)
        • Roger D. Williams
          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 4, 2007
            Nice work, Frank. I sent the URL to a former employee of mine, a
            Philippino. I am sure it will make him homesick! I love the tropical
            churches... and the marvellous beaches.

            Roger

            --
            Work: www.adex-japan.com
            Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
            Message 5 of 12 , Jul 5, 2007
              Philippinos are the most "homesick" race in the world.....

              http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/ASIA2004/Menu279.html

              Willy

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 5, 2007
                Hi Willy,

                Afraid so...it has to do with the close family ties...and the food as well.
                By the way, the right word for us Philippine locals is "Filipinos" :-)

                Cheers!

                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 5, 2007
                  On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 16:26:27 +0900, Fung Yu <fung@...> wrote:

                  > Hi Willy,
                  >
                  > Afraid so...it has to do with the close family ties...and the food as
                  > well.
                  > By the way, the right word for us Philippine locals is "Filipinos" :-)

                  Um, er, aren't about half of you called "Filipinas?"

                  Roger <g>

                  Message 8 of 12 , Jul 5, 2007
                    "Filipinos" is a generic term Roger...but you got a point.

                  • panokaemena@mac.com
                    Message 9 of 12 , Jul 5, 2007
                      best would to call them Pinoy or Pinay.... when they are homesick
                      they are most probably BALIKBAYANs

                      Message 10 of 12 , Jul 5, 2007
                        Yes Willy, Pinoy or Pinay is also fine...these are colloquial terms of course.
                        But we are getting off-topic....

                        At 03:57 PM 7/5/2007, you wrote:

                        >best would to call them Pinoy or Pinay.... when they are homesick
                        >they are most probably BALIKBAYANs
                        >
                        >On Jul 5, 2007, at 9:26, Fung Yu wrote:
                        >

                        > > Hi Willy,
                        > >
                        > > Afraid so...it has to do with the close family ties...and the food
                        > > as well.
                        > > By the way, the right word for us Philippine locals is "Filipinos" :-)
                        > >
                        > > Cheers!

                      • Dave 360texas.com
                        Message 11 of 12 , Jul 5, 2007
                          I think the 3000 panorama collection is from the first to the last
                          event. I found that you first must select the event, then maybe
                          select the part of the world you wish to see [MAP] then just click
                          and go. Another way might be to look at the Thumbnail version. Find
                          a likely image.. and just look at it. Last would be like the map
                          called [REGION] and look for a region of interest.

                          Index? These are indexes.

                          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dmgalpha" <dmgerman@...> wrote:

                          > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Dave 360texas.com"
                          > <texas360dave@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > The University of California at Berkeley, World Wide Panorama
                          Event
                          > > web site is now public. This is the 14th event since inception
                          March
                          > > 2004. The 360° panorama display is valued because it shows us
                          > > diversity and commonality of people, places around the world.
                          > >
                          > > This site is a collection of over 3000 panoramas taken by 800
                          > > professional and first-timers photographers from more than 70
                          > > nations.
                          > >
                          > > http://geoimages.berkeley.edu/worldwidepanorama/wwp/index.html
                          > >

                          > Has anybody created an edited list of the images? I really don't
                          have
                          > the time to sift through 3000 panoramas. It would be great to see
                          what
                          > some people consider the best-of those those 3000.
                          >
                          > dmg

                        • Yuval Levy
                          Message 12 of 12 , Jul 5, 2007
                            dmgalpha wrote:
                            > Has anybody created an edited list of the images?

                            no. some have tried and they have been trashed.

                            > It would be great to see what
                            > some people consider the best-of those those 3000.

                            That's very subjective and competitive.

                            As such, people might have expressed such subjective opinions on
                            personal blogs or in individual posts such as
                            <http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/wwp/message/8552>

                            But they pay very much attention not to declare this a "best-of" and
                            offend the non-competitive spirit of the WWP community.

                            The way to navigate the WWP is to build your own opinion. the main
                            navigations of the WWP are by geography, by event, by author. And there
                            is a yearly tradition of a "best-of" even, where people put up their
                            best VR of the year according to their own standards. You may try to
                            start there if you are looking for a "best-of".

                            Yuv