Training the next generation of panographers

  • pecenco
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 3, 2007
      I don't post here very often, but I thought I share this story and
      panorama. I haven't shot anything especially exciting lately, but
      I've been trying to do QTVRs of the various events I've attended, from
      local things to my partner's PhD graduation.

      I had the pleasure of spending a few days with my nieces this weekend,
      the older of whom loves taking pictures with my cameras. She's going
      to be four in two months, and has been shooting with me since before
      her third birthday, pressing the shutter and reviewing her results on
      the LCD screen. She's only gotten better since then, and whenever I
      visit, she asks me when we get to take pictures. On this trip, I
      decided to involve her in the creation of a QTVR. I positioned her,
      and gave her the little remote for the D70, and off we went. She shot
      most of the six shots around, except when she couldn't manage the line
      of sight to the sensor. I added the zenith and nadir, and of course
      did the stitching. I put it together before we headed home, and she
      was very excited by her "hanarama," as she pronounced it.

      It's at http://www.learningtoflyoriginals.com/panorama.html
      <http://www.learningtoflyoriginals.com/panorama.html> - the one
      called "Molly shooting her first QTVR"

      Julie,
      spreading VR wherever I can

      --
      Julie Pecenco Photography
      Photography and Panoramic Imaging

    • pedro_silva58
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 4, 2007
        julie,
        i don't post much either, but i have to do so now, to tell you your
        story and pano touched my heart. absolutely beautiful in every way.
        cheers,
        pedro

        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "pecenco" <jpecenco@...> wrote:
        > I don't post here very often, but I thought I share this story and
        > panorama.
        ... snip ...