Link HDR Bracketed Exposures in PTGui PRo not work!!

  • Ignacio Ferrando
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
      Hello,

      I'm trying my first HDR with PTGUI pro... but have some troubles that
      not found into the FAQ section

      I have 8 diferent series of exposures, when I load all the images and
      select the HDR option it recognize it.

      in the Image Parameters I can see the correct exposure and Aperture
      values as well as the EV.
      But if I choose Link HDR Bracketed Exposures I get an error "not HDR
      exposure sets found"...

      I have tried the auto align but I'm not happy with the results, I I
      try with only one exposure I get a perfect panorama (in one non HDR
      file), my question is, it's possible to apply to my HDR project a
      template of only one exposure??

      regards

      Ignacio Ferrando Margelí

      Abaco Digital

      http://www.abaco-digital.com

    • Eric O'Brien
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
        On Jul 3, 2007, at 4:37 AM, Ignacio Ferrando wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I'm trying my first HDR with PTGUI pro... but have some troubles that
        > not found into the FAQ section
        >
        > I have 8 diferent series of exposures, when I load all the images and
        > select the HDR option it recognize it.
        >
        > in the Image Parameters I can see the correct exposure and Aperture
        > values as well as the EV.
        > But if I choose Link HDR Bracketed Exposures I get an error "not HDR
        > exposure sets found"...

        A few things...

        "Generate Control Points for selected images..." was not working
        correctly in b8 and b9

        I believe PTGui only checks the EV values, so you want to make sure
        that there are an equal number of different EV values.

        I believe the images must be in *order* (that is, the bracketed
        images must be next to each other). Under the Images menu, choose
        "Sort."

        ** It is possible to MANUALLY link images. The "Link HDR Bracketed
        Exposures" command is simply a convenience. (A great time-saving
        one, however!) Assuming that your images are in bracketed order:
        leave the "Link" checkbox of the first image in a bracketed set
        UNchecked, then check all the others in the set.

        For sets of three, you'll end up with a pattern that looks like
        [blank -- Image zero] checked, checked; UNchecked, checked, checked;
        Unchecked, checked, checked . . . etc.

        > I have tried the auto align but I'm not happy with the results,

        Where is "auto align" in the interface??

        If you are using the Project Assistant, or the "Simple" interface, I
        urge you to experiment with using NEITHER.

        > I try with only one exposure I get a perfect panorama (in one non HDR
        > file), my question is, it's possible to apply to my HDR project a
        > template of only one exposure??

        I'm not quite sure what you mean. But: if you want to stitch, for
        example, a panorama made up of 3 bracketed sets of images, then you
        do NOT need to use the "Template method" any longer in PTGui 7 Pro.

        You can load all the images into a single PTGui project, link them,
        select only the images of a single set and Generate Control Points,
        Optimize and continue from there.

        > regards

        > Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
        >
        > Abaco Digital
        >
        > http://www.abaco-digital.com
      • Joost Nieuwenhuijse
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 3, 2007
          Hi Ignacio,

          Please see section 9.3 in the FAQ:
          http://www.ptgui.com/support.html#9_3

          If you can't get it to work, post a screenshot of the Image Parameters
          tab, or a copy of the pts file and I'll take a look.

          Joost

          Ignacio Ferrando wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > I'm trying my first HDR with PTGUI pro... but have some troubles that
          > not found into the FAQ section
          >
          > I have 8 diferent series of exposures, when I load all the images and
          > select the HDR option it recognize it.
          >
          > in the Image Parameters I can see the correct exposure and Aperture
          > values as well as the EV.
          > But if I choose Link HDR Bracketed Exposures I get an error "not HDR
          > exposure sets found"...
          >
          > I have tried the auto align but I'm not happy with the results, I I
          > try with only one exposure I get a perfect panorama (in one non HDR
          > file), my question is, it's possible to apply to my HDR project a
          > template of only one exposure??
          >

          > regards

          > Ignacio Ferrando Margelí
          >
          > Abaco Digital
          >
          > http://www.abaco-digital.com

        • Ignacio Ferrando
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
            Hi,

            thanks for your help, I have try to sort the images and link them...

            Only I hope that PTgui will use the multicore processors, in the
            activity monitor of my MacPro it never uses more than one of the 8
            processors....

            regards

            Ignacio Ferrando Margelí

            Abaco Digital