Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: New poll for PanoToolsNG

  • Roger Howard
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 31, 2006
      On Mon, July 31, 2006 8:19 am, jeffrey wrote:
      > Is this poll made by a moderator who also sells panoheads?
      >
      > If it is, I think it's inappropriate.
      > If this has already been commented on and I'm slow reading all the
      > posts, excuse me.
      > If I'm just totally wrong, then I apologize for being a bastard ;-)

      If you have concerns about content on the list please address it to the
      moderators directly, or join the PanoTools-list group if you'd like to
      discuss it publicly.

      Cheers!
    • JD Smith
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 7, 2006
        On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 01:41:38 +0000, PanoToolsNG-hHKSG33TihhbjbujkaE4pw
        wrote:

        > PanoToolsNG group:
        >
        > Do you wish posts to this Yahoo Group to be fed to
        > GMANE for redistribution? This convenient service
        > allows anyone to find out your E-mail address.
        >
        > o Yes: Continue the feed
        > o No: Terminate the feed

        Before you vote (or after you vote if you consider changing), please
        note that to obtain your email address, a user has to read it from an
        encoded image, like this one:

        http://gmane.org/get-address.php?address=jdsmith-xN8xRfjKI9JQXdO203pMgQ%40public.gmane.org

        These are not addresses which can be harvested by automatic
        email-searching spambots, but by actual live humans.

        JD
      • Jim Dawson
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2006
          I just changed my vote to Continue the feed. As much SPAM as I get, I'm not
          worried about the few that may result from some one picking my address out
          by hand. I think it's a non-issue.

          If the poll had a choice to continue the feed, but with a method of hiding
          the addresses completely, I would have chosen that one, but I'd rather
          keep it as it is rather than lose it completely.

          Jim Dawson