Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Rajasthan, India

  • - AYRTON - (avi)
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 2, 2007
      On 02/07/2007, at 19:37, Roger Berry wrote:

      Oh My GOD
      reading all this below and looking at the photos make me very SAD!
      Painting a elephant it is so ridiculous, and sad, and rally a BAD
      thing to do !!!
      I imagine how much pain this elephant had suffer.
      This is disgusting to promote.
      I'm sorry but I could not stand and stay quiet at this horror.

      AYRTON

      > I usually get offers to stay at peoples homes for free, but I prefer
      > staying at a hotel for 7 to 25 USD a night where I can put my lock
      > on the door and charge my equipment while I'm out having fun.
      > I will do thing like hop on an ox cart heading out of town and then
      > catch a camel cart heading back. Give the person 1 or 2 dollars and
      > they are very happy. The normal daily income for this type of
      > person who works with animals is around 3 to 5 dollars a day, and
      > they are some of the funniest and happiest.
      >
      > And where else can you have fun painting an elephant:
      > http://camelphotos.com/india/face_pant2.jpg
      >
      > Or dancing with a camel:
      > http://camelphotos.com/india/dance_camel.jpg
      > http://camelphotos.com/india/dance_camel2.jpg
      > http://camelphotos.com/india/dance_camel3.jpg
      >
      > But you know what, ridding these Marwari horses around Jaipur near
      > the Amber Fort was truly a delight. I went for a couple of 5 and 6
      > hour rides, probably averaging around 7 miles an hour.
      > http://camelphotos.com/india/india_horses2.jpg
      >
      > How much did this cost, not a thing, same with riding the elephants
      > around for about 10 hours. They were also buying lunch and giving me
      > some very nice gifts. They never ask for money, but I was so happy I
      > would give them 10 or 20 dollars at the end of the day.

    • Roger D. Williams
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 2, 2007
        Ayrton, aren't you confusing painting with tattooing?

        Anyone who has been around elephants for any length of
        time knows not to do things they don't like. They have
        VERY long memories, and can be quite clever about the
        way they pay their tormentors back. I would guess that
        the elephants rather enjoy the fuss being made of them.

        And they are quite intelligent enough to see other
        elephants and know that they are being given the same
        "look." The handlers would VERY SOON know if they
        didn't approve of what was being done to them!

        Roger (Williams)

        --
        Work: www.adex-japan.com
        Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 2, 2007
          This is water paint just like children use in school. You mix the
          colored powder with water and use a stick that have been crushed
          down on the end to make a brush. The elephants do enjoy the
          attention and this is good for them. If you think this is bad, well
          look at our society, we kill and eat cows!
          I try not to judged other people and their cultures so hard when
          ours my be so barbaric in their eyes.

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "- AYRTON - (avi)" <avi@...>

        • salino@canl.nc
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 2, 2007
            A a pacific islander, I paint myself for important moments and I'm very
            happy to be painted. When my loved wife goes to civilization, in towns
            or Europe, Australia , USA or Great Britain or other superb places in
            the world, she paints herself with "paints" made by Esthée Lauder,
            Dior... and I like her paintings

            Dominique Salino,
            New Caledonia, the closest island to paradise.