Re: 0th iteration optimizer results?

  • jeffrey
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006
      Yes!
      Additionally, it would be nice to control how many iterations. . . . .
      e.g. once I was optimizing an image and after about 2500 iterations
      the average error was 0.000239584 or something. turned out that d and
      e were being optimized as thousands of pixels. Alternately, I was
      optimizing something very heavy, each full optimization took about 10
      minutes, between 10 and 80 iterations. would be nice to set it at 10
      for something like this until all problems are ironed out.

      jeffrey

      0th iteration optimizer results?
      Posted by: "stevenkan" steven@... stevenkan
      Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:07 pm (PST)
      Is there a way to get control point distances after 0 iterations of
      the optimizer? For example, I
      might want to do the following:

      1) Load a set of images in PTGui, apply a template from the last time
      I shot with this same
      setup, add control points, and see how far off they are, or:

      2) Take a picture, remove from tripod, break down my pano head, put it
      all back together
      again, take another picture, load both into PTGui, add control points,
      and see how far apart
      they are (e.g. to test repeatability of my setup procedure)

      Would anyone else have use for such a feature? Or am I the only one
      who does silly stuff like
      this?

      Back to top
    • Jim Watters
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006
        On Mon, July 31, 2006 11:23 am, jeffrey wrote:
        > it would be nice to control how many iterations. . . . .
        > each full optimization took about 10 minutes, between 10
        > and 80 iterations. would be nice to set it at 10 for something
        > like this until all problems are ironed out.
        >
        > jeffrey

        With PTOptimiser you can cancel it at any time the it will present the best results up
        to that time. It is more of a stop than a cancel.

        --
        Jim Watters

        Yahoo ID: j1vvy ymsgr:sendIM?j1vvy
        jwatters @ photocreations . ca