Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Chromatic Aberration on fisheye lenses images (comparative test)

  • Serge Maandag (yahoo)
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 2, 2007
      > What gets recorded in the "blue" channel is a kind of weighted
      > average of the shifts over all of the different "blue" wavelengths
      > that were present in the illumination.

      Ah, it is sort of like a quantification error. Then I just got Michel wrong.
      This does sound logical to me. I can imagine colours leaning towards infrared or
      ultraviolet could have a substantial influence.

      > In summary, it is the detailed shape of the spectrum -- where are the
      > peaks and valleys? -- that cause TCA to be different for different
      > light sources.

      I believe ignited-gas lamps usually have weird peaked spectrums, so I can imagine
      them causing these weird aliasing type of effects.

      > The phenomenon called "metamerism" is due to a similar cause. Much
      > info about that can be found by googling.

      Ah, I knew the effect, but not the name.

      Thanks for the great explanation (as usual)!
      Serge.