Request some sample Sigma f3.5 images of real estate interior

  • Peter Sale
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
      I'm a Real Estate agent in Santa Monica California, and a D200 DSLR
      photography enthusiast. Often (if I'm not swamped) I shoot photos of my own
      listings. Some examples can be viewed at www.3019thirdstreet.com
      <http://www.3019thirdstreet.com/> , www.140oceanpark.com
      <http://www.140oceanpark.com/> , and www.1027ashland.com
      <http://www.1027ashland.com/> . All my images end up on the web. I have also
      dabbled with panoramic images. Some examples can be viewed at
      http://petersale.com/3rd_st_condo_308_tour.asp . With respect to panoramic
      images I'm looking into two possibilities:

      (1) Purchasing a Sigma F4 8mm lens, shooting, stitching and hosting images
      of properties I'm listing on one or more of my sites.

      (2) Hiring a person to do this for me. Is there anyone in the L.A. area
      (not Circlepix) available for hire for this sort of thing?

      Regarding possibility (1) I would like to "borrow" four images, shot with
      the new Sigma F3.5 8mm lens, of a typical residential interior from a list
      member. I will then attempt to stitch (PTGui) and host a sample pano on one
      of my sites, probably via QuickTime.

      -
      Regards,
      Peter Sale
      Santa Monica, CA USA

    • Robert C. Fisher
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
        Hi Peter
        I live here in LA and shoot VRs professionally.

        On Jul 1, 2007, at 11:00 AM, Peter Sale wrote:

        > I'm a Real Estate agent in Santa Monica California, and a D200 DSLR
        > photography enthusiast. Often (if I'm not swamped) I shoot photos
        > of my own
        > listings. Some examples can be viewed at www.3019thirdstreet.com
        > <http://www.3019thirdstreet.com/> , www.140oceanpark.com
        > <http://www.140oceanpark.com/> , and www.1027ashland.com
        > <http://www.1027ashland.com/> . All my images end up on the web. I
        > have also
        > dabbled with panoramic images. Some examples can be viewed at
        > http://petersale.com/3rd_st_condo_308_tour.asp . With respect to
        > panoramic
        > images I'm looking into two possibilities:
        >
        > (1) Purchasing a Sigma F4 8mm lens, shooting, stitching and hosting
        > images
        > of properties I'm listing on one or more of my sites.
        The 8mmf4 is not a great lens you would be better off purchasing the
        Sigma 8mmf3.5. Much sharper less vignetting.

        I could do this please contact me offlist. bob@...

        > Regarding possibility (1) I would like to "borrow" four images,
        > shot with
        > the new Sigma F3.5 8mm lens, of a typical residential interior from
        > a list
        > member. I will then attempt to stitch (PTGui) and host a sample
        > pano on one
        > of my sites, probably via QuickTime.
        >
        > -
        > Regards,
        > Peter Sale
        > Santa Monica, CA USA

        Cheers
        Robert C. Fisher
        VR Photography/Cinematography
      • Peter Sale
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 1, 2007
          Ops, I said F4 (a lens I just "off'd" on eBay) when I meant to say F3.5.

          listings. Some examples can be viewed at www.3019thirdstreet.com
          <http://www.3019thirdstreet.com/> , www.140oceanpark.com
          <http://www.140oceanpark.com/> , and www.1027ashland.com
          <http://www.1027ashland.com/> . All my images end up on the web. I have also
          dabbled with panoramic images. Some examples can be viewed at
          http://petersale.com/3rd_st_condo_308_tour.asp . With respect to panoramic
          images I'm looking into two possibilities:

          (1) Purchasing a Sigma F3.5-8mm lens, shooting, stitching and hosting images