norama module for Joomla + PTViewer issues

  • caioborghoff
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2007
      Hi, this is my first post on this group, so would like to introduce
      myself before asking questions.

      I live in Brazil and I have a Joomla extension site devoted to VR
      technologies. I'm not a professional programmer, but since I have
      developed a few tools for my Joomla sites I decided to share them with
      community, so I've created JoomVR Project web site
      <http://joomvr.caioborghoff.fot.br>

      I also have interest on 3D game development and despite the fact that my
      real profession is photography, I use panoramas mostly to promote game
      levels.

      In my site you will find a Panorama module
      <http://joomvr.caioborghoff.fot.br/index.php?option=com_content&task=vie\
      w&id=13&Itemid=41> that uses PTViewer from Fulvio Senore to render the
      panoramas. Unfortunately I'm experiencing some problems with the
      PTViewer that I don't know if are due to my programming, PTViewer or
      Java limitations. I have configured the module to display an alternative
      navigation bar and a compass using shotspots and transparent image
      overlays. The problem is that the images do not load all the time.
      Sometimes a few buttons are missing, sometimes all buttons are missiing
      and sometimes everything is loaded properly. I have tried to replace the
      PNG buttons with GIF's but the result was even worse. The GIF's are only
      partially rendered. Since I want to have transparency, I decide to use
      the PNG's. Almost nobody complained yet, but one user reported that the
      buttons doesn't load at all on his site and I tried everything but
      couldn't pintpoint the problem. The panoramas are rendered well, the
      problem is with the shotspots.

      You can see an example of my module here
      <http://joomvr.caioborghoff.fot.br/index.php?option=com_content&task=vie\
      w&id=13&Itemid=41> . Any suggestions?

      Thanks in advance

      Caio Borghoff