Re: Pushkar Pano

  • Roger Berry
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2007
      I shoot to, Raw / Fine on my 20D. I normally just use the Fine JPG
      photos. On this one I did use the Raw ones and saved them, As Shot /
      TIF using CS3. I then used PTgui to stitch them, output TIF 16 bit,
      PackBit, No alpha channel.
      Then I open it in CS3 and do my adjustments, usually a little
      sharpening, brightness / contrast and a little color adjustment in
      saturation or color balance if needed.

      I will try going back to the raw photos and see what I can do, It's
      just one of the many things that I have not taken the time to learn
      well. I still need to learn how to use my video editing programs,
      finish updating my website, along with about 1,000 other things.
      But it sure would be nice to get these 360 photos looking even
      better.

      I do have sound for these that I got with my Sony PD170 video
      camera, so the quality should be very good.
      Just need to learn how to remove the audio from the video. I know,
      it's easy, but it's still something I haven't done before.

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin"
      <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

      > It looks excellent. Just what a 360 fullscreen should be.. making
      you feel
      > as if you were there.
      >
      > 2 Suggestions.
      >

      > 1. You're still clipping your shadows..The pure black camel should
      have some
      > detail.
      >
      > Output less contrast with raw, use a little fill light, then use
      > shadows/highlights.
      >
      > That should bring that back and you can up the contrast again.
      >
      > 2. Get a minidisk recorder! They are dirt cheap compared to mp3
      recorders.

      > I bet it would be amazing to hear what's going on.
      >

      > For the Samsung, I found its best to go to custom color, and magic
      bright to
      > custom.
      >
      > Sacha Griffin
      > www.southern-digital.com
      > www.seeit360.net
      > www.ezphotosafe.com
      > 404-551-4275
      > 404-731-7798

    • Roger Berry
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 30, 2007
        Ok, here's the new page with all of the people and camel sounds.
        http://www.zebratalk.com/pushkar_camels2.html

        Roger Berry
      • Tom Lassiter
        Message 3 of 16 , Jul 1, 2007
          I've always enjoyed Roger's work, but with sound .... wow! Excellent!

          --
          Tom Lassiter

          Westridge VR
          http://www.lassiter.com/vr/exp7.html