Re: Pushkar Pano

  • Roger Berry
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2007
      I redid this pano of Pushkar from the beginning and also made it a
      little brighter. With this new monitor which is very bight it's hard
      to tell how things should be set for now. The color has also changed
      on this remake, less red and maybe more yellow.
      Anyway, here it is in a very large and fine detail at 6MB.
      http://www.zebratalk.com/pushkar_camels.html

      Roger
      Http://CamelPhotos.com
    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 30, 2007
        It looks excellent. Just what a 360 fullscreen should be.. making you feel
        as if you were there.

        2 Suggestions.

        1. You're still clipping your shadows..The pure black camel should have some
        detail.

        Output less contrast with raw, use a little fill light, then use
        shadows/highlights.

        That should bring that back and you can up the contrast again.

        2. Get a minidisk recorder! They are dirt cheap compared to mp3 recorders.

        I bet it would be amazing to hear what's going on.

        For the Samsung, I found its best to go to custom color, and magic bright to
        custom.

        Sacha Griffin
        www.southern-digital.com
        www.seeit360.net
        www.ezphotosafe.com
        404-551-4275
        404-731-7798

        _____

        I redid this pano of Pushkar from the beginning and also made it a
        little brighter. With this new monitor which is very bight it's hard
        to tell how things should be set for now. The color has also changed
        on this remake, less red and maybe more yellow.
        Anyway, here it is in a very large and fine detail at 6MB.
        http://www.zebratal <http://www.zebratalk.com/pushkar_camels.html>
        k.com/pushkar_camels.html

        Roger
        Http://CamelPhotos. <Http://CamelPhotos.com> com

      • Roger Berry
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 30, 2007
          I shoot to, Raw / Fine on my 20D. I normally just use the Fine JPG
          photos. On this one I did use the Raw ones and saved them, As Shot /
          TIF using CS3. I then used PTgui to stitch them, output TIF 16 bit,
          PackBit, No alpha channel.
          Then I open it in CS3 and do my adjustments, usually a little
          sharpening, brightness / contrast and a little color adjustment in
          saturation or color balance if needed.

          I will try going back to the raw photos and see what I can do, It's
          just one of the many things that I have not taken the time to learn
          well. I still need to learn how to use my video editing programs,
          finish updating my website, along with about 1,000 other things.
          But it sure would be nice to get these 360 photos looking even
          better.

          I do have sound for these that I got with my Sony PD170 video
          camera, so the quality should be very good.
          Just need to learn how to remove the audio from the video. I know,
          it's easy, but it's still something I haven't done before.

          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin"
          <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

          > It looks excellent. Just what a 360 fullscreen should be.. making
          you feel
          > as if you were there.
          >
          > 2 Suggestions.
          >

          > 1. You're still clipping your shadows..The pure black camel should
          have some
          > detail.
          >
          > Output less contrast with raw, use a little fill light, then use
          > shadows/highlights.
          >
          > That should bring that back and you can up the contrast again.
          >
          > 2. Get a minidisk recorder! They are dirt cheap compared to mp3
          recorders.

          > I bet it would be amazing to hear what's going on.
          >

          > For the Samsung, I found its best to go to custom color, and magic
          bright to
          > custom.
          >
          > Sacha Griffin
          > www.southern-digital.com
          > www.seeit360.net
          > www.ezphotosafe.com
          > 404-551-4275
          > 404-731-7798

        • Roger Berry
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 30, 2007
            Ok, here's the new page with all of the people and camel sounds.
            http://www.zebratalk.com/pushkar_camels2.html

            Roger Berry
          • Tom Lassiter
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 1, 2007
              I've always enjoyed Roger's work, but with sound .... wow! Excellent!

              --
              Tom Lassiter

              Westridge VR
              http://www.lassiter.com/vr/exp7.html