wwp goes polar (was Re: optimizing a 10.5mm lens in PTgui)

  • Carl von Einem
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 30, 2007
      Hi Matt,

      "...most folks dont have access to the poles..." is not exactly true for
      panorama enthusiasts since some often enough sport a technique simply
      called pole shot panoramas. So grab yourself a large pole (might be a
      monopod) and try a very different viewpoint!
      I know this is not exactly what you meant but the technique of
      creatively working with a wwp theme is also part of the game ;-)

      This might definitely be an interesting theme for a wwp event, just
      propose it to Don and Landis on the wwp mailing list:

      Carl

      Posted by: "matt_nolan_uaf"

      > [...] I was just in Berkeley convening this meeting
      > www.isde5.org. I wonder if the WWPP would be interested in an
      > International Polar Year event? www.ipy.org I'm not sure what form
      > that would take, especially since most folks dont have access to the
      > poles. But perhaps either a winter event in general or a climate
      > change event of some sort? Anyway, just some thoughts.
    • matt_nolan_uaf
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 30, 2007
        LOL. Great idea. Could make it a bipolar event too -- on upper or
        lower end of the pole...
        -Matt