RE: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Pushkar Pano

  • Chris Thomas
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30, 2007
      Looks great on my calibrated screen Roger.

      Very realistic for this time of day.

      Chris Thomas

      Photographer

      cell... 403-615-1212

      In North America

      call... 1-800-870-5110

      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 30, 2007
        I redid this pano of Pushkar from the beginning and also made it a
        little brighter. With this new monitor which is very bight it's hard
        to tell how things should be set for now. The color has also changed
        on this remake, less red and maybe more yellow.
        Anyway, here it is in a very large and fine detail at 6MB.
        http://www.zebratalk.com/pushkar_camels.html

        Roger
        Http://CamelPhotos.com
      • Sacha Griffin
        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 30, 2007
          It looks excellent. Just what a 360 fullscreen should be.. making you feel
          as if you were there.

          2 Suggestions.

          1. You're still clipping your shadows..The pure black camel should have some
          detail.

          Output less contrast with raw, use a little fill light, then use
          shadows/highlights.

          That should bring that back and you can up the contrast again.

          2. Get a minidisk recorder! They are dirt cheap compared to mp3 recorders.

          I bet it would be amazing to hear what's going on.

          For the Samsung, I found its best to go to custom color, and magic bright to
          custom.

          Sacha Griffin
          www.southern-digital.com
          www.seeit360.net
          www.ezphotosafe.com
          404-551-4275
          404-731-7798

          _____

          I redid this pano of Pushkar from the beginning and also made it a
          little brighter. With this new monitor which is very bight it's hard
          to tell how things should be set for now. The color has also changed
          on this remake, less red and maybe more yellow.
          Anyway, here it is in a very large and fine detail at 6MB.
          http://www.zebratal <http://www.zebratalk.com/pushkar_camels.html>
          k.com/pushkar_camels.html

          Roger
          Http://CamelPhotos. <Http://CamelPhotos.com> com

        • Roger Berry
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 30, 2007
            I shoot to, Raw / Fine on my 20D. I normally just use the Fine JPG
            photos. On this one I did use the Raw ones and saved them, As Shot /
            TIF using CS3. I then used PTgui to stitch them, output TIF 16 bit,
            PackBit, No alpha channel.
            Then I open it in CS3 and do my adjustments, usually a little
            sharpening, brightness / contrast and a little color adjustment in
            saturation or color balance if needed.

            I will try going back to the raw photos and see what I can do, It's
            just one of the many things that I have not taken the time to learn
            well. I still need to learn how to use my video editing programs,
            finish updating my website, along with about 1,000 other things.
            But it sure would be nice to get these 360 photos looking even
            better.

            I do have sound for these that I got with my Sony PD170 video
            camera, so the quality should be very good.
            Just need to learn how to remove the audio from the video. I know,
            it's easy, but it's still something I haven't done before.

            --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin"
            <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

            > It looks excellent. Just what a 360 fullscreen should be.. making
            you feel
            > as if you were there.
            >
            > 2 Suggestions.
            >

            > 1. You're still clipping your shadows..The pure black camel should
            have some
            > detail.
            >
            > Output less contrast with raw, use a little fill light, then use
            > shadows/highlights.
            >
            > That should bring that back and you can up the contrast again.
            >
            > 2. Get a minidisk recorder! They are dirt cheap compared to mp3
            recorders.

            > I bet it would be amazing to hear what's going on.
            >

            > For the Samsung, I found its best to go to custom color, and magic
            bright to
            > custom.
            >
            > Sacha Griffin
            > www.southern-digital.com
            > www.seeit360.net
            > www.ezphotosafe.com
            > 404-551-4275
            > 404-731-7798

          • Roger Berry
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 30, 2007
              Ok, here's the new page with all of the people and camel sounds.
              http://www.zebratalk.com/pushkar_camels2.html

              Roger Berry
            • Tom Lassiter
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 1, 2007
                I've always enjoyed Roger's work, but with sound .... wow! Excellent!

                --
                Tom Lassiter

                Westridge VR
                http://www.lassiter.com/vr/exp7.html