Re: Pushkar Pano

  • Bruce Hemming
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 30 4:50 AM
      As an alternative sharpening you might like to try this - make a
      layer and apply a High Pass filter, blend it with Hard Light and then
      adjust the layer opacity - somewhere between 65-80% depending on file
      size. I do this as the last stage before converting to cube faces
      and have found it give more flexibility than other methods.

      regards

      Bruce

      Bruce Hemming
      Bruce Hemming Photography
      Tel: +44 (0)1580 200277
      Mobile: +44 (0)7974 918414
      e-Mail: bruce@...

    • Chris Thomas
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 30 9:44 AM
        Looks great on my calibrated screen Roger.

        Very realistic for this time of day.

        Chris Thomas

        Photographer

        cell... 403-615-1212

        In North America

        call... 1-800-870-5110

        Message 3 of 16 , Jun 30 12:57 PM
          I redid this pano of Pushkar from the beginning and also made it a
          little brighter. With this new monitor which is very bight it's hard
          to tell how things should be set for now. The color has also changed
          on this remake, less red and maybe more yellow.
          Anyway, here it is in a very large and fine detail at 6MB.
          http://www.zebratalk.com/pushkar_camels.html

          Roger
          Http://CamelPhotos.com
        • Sacha Griffin
          Message 4 of 16 , Jun 30 3:19 PM
            It looks excellent. Just what a 360 fullscreen should be.. making you feel
            as if you were there.

            2 Suggestions.

            1. You're still clipping your shadows..The pure black camel should have some
            detail.

            Output less contrast with raw, use a little fill light, then use
            shadows/highlights.

            That should bring that back and you can up the contrast again.

            2. Get a minidisk recorder! They are dirt cheap compared to mp3 recorders.

            I bet it would be amazing to hear what's going on.

            For the Samsung, I found its best to go to custom color, and magic bright to
            custom.

            Sacha Griffin
            www.southern-digital.com
            www.seeit360.net
            www.ezphotosafe.com
            404-551-4275
            404-731-7798

            _____

            I redid this pano of Pushkar from the beginning and also made it a
            little brighter. With this new monitor which is very bight it's hard
            to tell how things should be set for now. The color has also changed
            on this remake, less red and maybe more yellow.
            Anyway, here it is in a very large and fine detail at 6MB.
            http://www.zebratal <http://www.zebratalk.com/pushkar_camels.html>
            k.com/pushkar_camels.html

            Roger
            Http://CamelPhotos. <Http://CamelPhotos.com> com

          • Roger Berry
            Message 5 of 16 , Jun 30 4:46 PM
              I shoot to, Raw / Fine on my 20D. I normally just use the Fine JPG
              photos. On this one I did use the Raw ones and saved them, As Shot /
              TIF using CS3. I then used PTgui to stitch them, output TIF 16 bit,
              PackBit, No alpha channel.
              Then I open it in CS3 and do my adjustments, usually a little
              sharpening, brightness / contrast and a little color adjustment in
              saturation or color balance if needed.

              I will try going back to the raw photos and see what I can do, It's
              just one of the many things that I have not taken the time to learn
              well. I still need to learn how to use my video editing programs,
              finish updating my website, along with about 1,000 other things.
              But it sure would be nice to get these 360 photos looking even
              better.

              I do have sound for these that I got with my Sony PD170 video
              camera, so the quality should be very good.
              Just need to learn how to remove the audio from the video. I know,
              it's easy, but it's still something I haven't done before.

              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin"
              <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

              > It looks excellent. Just what a 360 fullscreen should be.. making
              you feel
              > as if you were there.
              >
              > 2 Suggestions.
              >

              > 1. You're still clipping your shadows..The pure black camel should
              have some
              > detail.
              >
              > Output less contrast with raw, use a little fill light, then use
              > shadows/highlights.
              >
              > That should bring that back and you can up the contrast again.
              >
              > 2. Get a minidisk recorder! They are dirt cheap compared to mp3
              recorders.

              > I bet it would be amazing to hear what's going on.
              >

              > For the Samsung, I found its best to go to custom color, and magic
              bright to
              > custom.
              >
              > Sacha Griffin
              > www.southern-digital.com
              > www.seeit360.net
              > www.ezphotosafe.com
              > 404-551-4275
              > 404-731-7798

            • Roger Berry
              Message 6 of 16 , Jun 30 7:44 PM
                Ok, here's the new page with all of the people and camel sounds.
                http://www.zebratalk.com/pushkar_camels2.html

                Roger Berry
              • Tom Lassiter
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 1, 2007
                  I've always enjoyed Roger's work, but with sound .... wow! Excellent!

                  --
                  Tom Lassiter

                  Westridge VR
                  http://www.lassiter.com/vr/exp7.html