PTGui requests

  • Michael Asgian
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 29, 2007
      Joost, Can I request 2 things?

      1. JPG export of the Tonemapped image
      2. 3 more controls in the tonemapping:
      - Temperature + cast
      - Saturation Highlights
      - Saturation Shadows

      thanks!

      ----- Original Message ----
      From: Joost Nieuwenhuijse <imim@...>
      To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Friday, June 29, 2007 6:48:47 PM
      Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] PTGui and HDR and uneven number of shots in 360...

      Hi David,

      I wonder why you would want to do this instead of much easier

      autobracketing?

      But it will not work. See FAQ section 9:

      http://www.ptgui com/support. html#9_1

      Joost

      David Palermo wrote:

      > Hello all,

      > I am a very happy PTGui user and have upgraded to the new beta that

      > has HDR support. So far I like it a lot.

      > Picture photographing a room where there is a bright window. I shoot

      > 3 or more images to tone down the window and 1 or 2 images for the

      > rest of the scene. Can PTGui HDR know I shot 3 images for one area

      > and say, 1 image for the other. Will it then combine those 3 or so

      > images into one HDR image and stitch the ones that don't need

      > bracketing normally? Hard to explain but I hope you understand what

      > I mean.

      > Example: Let's say I have a lens that requires 6 shots around for a

      > 360°.

      > Shot 1- I shoot at a bright window so I take 3 or more exposures

      > each getting darker by 1 or 3 stops

      > Shot 2 - I shoot at a dark area of the room and only need to take 1

      > exposure.

      > Shot 3 - (same as 2) - 1 exposure

      > Shot 4 - (same as 2) - 1 exposure

      > Shot 5 - I shoot the other edge of the window and again need to make

      > 3 or more exposures

      > Shot 6 - middle of the window and I shoot 3 or more exposures

      > Now, will PTGui "know" that I need to combine the multiple exposures

      > for HDR (in shots 1, 5, and 6)?

      > I can test this when I get home but I am traveling right now and

      > thought I'd ask the forum here.

      > Thanks all!

      > David

      > David Palermo

      > WorldVR

      > http://www.worldvr com

      > david@worldvr. com

      > 1-805-886-0146

      <!--

      #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
      #ygrp-text{
      font-family:Georgia;
      }
      #ygrp-text p{
      margin:0 0 1em 0;}
      #ygrp-tpmsgs{
      font-family:Arial;
      clear:both;}
      #ygrp-vitnav{
      #ygrp-vitnav a{
      padding:0 1px;}
      #ygrp-actbar{
      #ygrp-actbar .left{
      float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
      .bld{font-weight:bold;}
      #ygrp-grft{
      #ygrp-ft{
      padding:5px 0;
      }
      #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
      padding-bottom:10px;}

      #ygrp-vital{
      #ygrp-vital #vithd{
      #ygrp-vital ul{
      padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
      #ygrp-vital ul li{
      }
      #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
      #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
      font-weight:bold;}
      #ygrp-vital a {
      text-decoration:none;}

      #ygrp-vital a:hover{
      text-decoration:underline;}

      #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
      color:#999;font-size:77%;}
      #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
      #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
      padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
      #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
      #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
      text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
      #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
      #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
      padding:8px 0;}
      #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
      #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
      text-decoration:none;}
      #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
      text-decoration:underline;}
      #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
      margin:0;}
      o {font-size:0;}
      .MsoNormal {
      margin:0 0 0 0;}
      #ygrp-text tt{
      font-size:120%;}
      blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
      .replbq {margin:4;}
      -->

    • Sacha Griffin
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 29, 2007
        Hmm it smells like someone knows what they are doing!

        Just look to adobe’s split toning for more info.

        This is essential for HDR correct WB for something that looks good.

        As its obvious interior lights are normally artificial, that the exterior
        lights which are natural..

        Or it could be anything.. hallways versus bedrooms.

        Sacha Griffin
        www.southern-digital.com
        www.seeit360.net
        www.ezphotosafe.com
        404-551-4275
        404-731-7798

        _____

        David Palermo wrote:

        > Hello all,

        > I am a very happy PTGui user and have upgraded to the new beta that

        > has HDR support. So far I like it a lot.

        > Picture photographing a room where there is a bright window. I shoot

        > 3 or more images to tone down the window and 1 or 2 images for the

        > rest of the scene. Can PTGui HDR know I shot 3 images for one area

        > and say, 1 image for the other. Will it then combine those 3 or so

        > images into one HDR image and stitch the ones that don't need

        > bracketing normally? Hard to explain but I hope you understand what

        > I mean.

        > Example: Let's say I have a lens that requires 6 shots around for a

        > 360°.

        > Shot 1- I shoot at a bright window so I take 3 or more exposures

        > each getting darker by 1 or 3 stops

        > Shot 2 - I shoot at a dark area of the room and only need to take 1

        > exposure.

        > Shot 3 - (same as 2) - 1 exposure

        > Shot 4 - (same as 2) - 1 exposure

        > Shot 5 - I shoot the other edge of the window and again need to make

        > 3 or more exposures

        > Shot 6 - middle of the window and I shoot 3 or more exposures

        > Now, will PTGui "know" that I need to combine the multiple exposures

        > for HDR (in shots 1, 5, and 6)?

        > I can test this when I get home but I am traveling right now and

        > thought I'd ask the forum here.

        > Thanks all!

        > David

        > David Palermo

        > WorldVR

        > http://www.worldvr com

        > david@worldvr. com

        > 1-805-886-0146

        <!--

        #ygrp-mlmsg {font-size:13px;font-family:arial, helvetica, clean,
        sans-serif;}
        #ygrp-mlmsg select, input, textarea {font:99% arial, helvetica, clean,
        sans-serif;}
        #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
        #ygrp-text{
        font-family:Georgia;
        }
        #ygrp-text p{
        margin:0 0 1em 0;}
        #ygrp-tpmsgs{
        font-family:Arial;
        clear:both;}
        #ygrp-vitnav{
        #ygrp-vitnav a{
        padding:0 1px;}
        #ygrp-actbar{
        #ygrp-actbar .left{
        float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
        .bld{font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-grft{
        #ygrp-ft{
        padding:5px 0;
        }
        #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
        padding-bottom:10px;}

        #ygrp-vital{
        #ygrp-vital #vithd{
        font-size:77%;font-family:Verdana;font-weight:bold;color:#333;text-transform
        :uppercase;}
        #ygrp-vital ul{
        padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li{
        }
        #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
        font-weight:bold;color:#ff7900;float:right;width:2em;text-align:right;paddin
        g-right:.5em;}
        #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
        font-weight:bold;}
        #ygrp-vital a {
        text-decoration:none;}

        #ygrp-vital a:hover{
        text-decoration:underline;}

        #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
        color:#999;font-size:77%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
        padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
        #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
        text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
        padding:8px 0;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
        font-family:Arial;font-weight:bold;color:#628c2a;font-size:100%;line-height:
        122%;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
        text-decoration:none;}
        #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{