Re: Could any members please check this for me?

  • Rik Littlefield
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 26, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jeff_starley"
      <jeffstarleyphoto@...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone, I have just got my own webspace and have posted a pano
      > which uses Flash to display. I would like to check if there are any
      > problems with this on various browsers. So if anyone has the time can
      > they try it and let me know the results.
      >
      > http://www.jeffstarley.com/LowryFlashPano/Lowry4.swf

      Works fine, Windows XP SP2, IE 6.0.2900.2180.

      It's a very novel and promising technique.

      Personally I'd prefer that the pictures stabilize faster when they
      expand. In the version I'm seeing, the pictures wobble around for
      several seconds, during which time they show prominent aliasing effects
      and cannot be looked at closely because they're moving too much. This
      is too much emphasis on the transition effect -- it detracts from the
      images being shown.

      --Rik
    • Bjørn K Nilssen
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 27, 2007
        On 27 Jun 2007 at 5:29, Rik Littlefield wrote:

        > Works fine, Windows XP SP2, IE 6.0.2900.2180.

        But doesn't work in IE 7./XPsp2
        Works fine in Opera though.

        > It's a very novel and promising technique.

        I'll second that :)

        > Personally I'd prefer that the pictures stabilize faster when they
        > expand. In the version I'm seeing, the pictures wobble around for
        > several seconds, during which time they show prominent aliasing effects
        > and cannot be looked at closely because they're moving too much. This
        > is too much emphasis on the transition effect -- it detracts from the
        > images being shown.

        And I'll second that too - and add that I also find it a bit distracting that the auto-
        rotate starts over again all the time, and keeps rotating also when the stills are
        shown/overlayed.

      • jeff_starley
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 27, 2007
          Thanks for looking, here are a few questions / comments answered:-

          > What is the cubesize you are using?
          1024

          >Did you create this with flashpanorama 2.1?
          Yes

          > Personally I'd prefer that the pictures stabilize faster when they
          > > expand. In the version I'm seeing, the pictures wobble around
          for
          > > several seconds, during which time they show prominent aliasing
          effects
          > > and cannot be looked at closely because they're moving too
          much. This
          > > is too much emphasis on the transition effect -- it detracts
          from the
          > > images being shown.
          >
          > And I'll second that too - and add that I also find it a bit
          distracting that the auto-
          > rotate starts over again all the time, and keeps rotating also
          when the stills are
          > shown/overlayed.
          >
          > --
          > Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

          Guys please don't forget that this is only a test.
          As always, in any form of image display, viewers opinions will be
          vastly different, likes and dis-likes are purely personal.

          I will take all your comments onboard, but I have set it to run this
          way to check that it is functioning as expected.
          The pictures that move were literally just ¨thrown¨ in as they were
          in the same folder I was working from, I do not expect anyone to be
          studying them as their contents are of no particular importance.

          The comments about which browser do or do not display the pano are
          of most help to me at this moment.

          Thanks for taking the time to view and comment.

          Jeff
        • Andrei Bodrov
          Message 4 of 11 , Jul 2, 2007
            Hi folks,

            I was shoot few panoramas at Peking Paris Motor Challenge's Tallinn visit.

            You can check it at: http://www.360pano.eu/pekingparis/

            More info about this event:
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peking_to_paris

            FYI: I used monopod with simple L-bracket and my new toy PocketWizard
            Plus II http://www.pocketwizard.com/HTML/plus2.asp

            with best regards,
            Andrei Bodrov