Re: [PanoToolsNG] Could any members please check this for me?

  • dtonnes
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 26, 2007
      Doesn't work on my windoze xp machine with I.E. 7 (blank white screen) - but
      it works in FireFox 2.

      Did you create this with flashpanorama 2.1?

    • Rik Littlefield
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 26, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jeff_starley"
        <jeffstarleyphoto@...> wrote:

        > Hi everyone, I have just got my own webspace and have posted a pano
        > which uses Flash to display. I would like to check if there are any
        > problems with this on various browsers. So if anyone has the time can
        > they try it and let me know the results.
        >
        > http://www.jeffstarley.com/LowryFlashPano/Lowry4.swf

        Works fine, Windows XP SP2, IE 6.0.2900.2180.

        It's a very novel and promising technique.

        Personally I'd prefer that the pictures stabilize faster when they
        expand. In the version I'm seeing, the pictures wobble around for
        several seconds, during which time they show prominent aliasing effects
        and cannot be looked at closely because they're moving too much. This
        is too much emphasis on the transition effect -- it detracts from the
        images being shown.

        --Rik
      • Bjørn K Nilssen
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 27, 2007
          On 27 Jun 2007 at 5:29, Rik Littlefield wrote:

          > Works fine, Windows XP SP2, IE 6.0.2900.2180.

          But doesn't work in IE 7./XPsp2
          Works fine in Opera though.

          > It's a very novel and promising technique.

          I'll second that :)

          > Personally I'd prefer that the pictures stabilize faster when they
          > expand. In the version I'm seeing, the pictures wobble around for
          > several seconds, during which time they show prominent aliasing effects
          > and cannot be looked at closely because they're moving too much. This
          > is too much emphasis on the transition effect -- it detracts from the
          > images being shown.

          And I'll second that too - and add that I also find it a bit distracting that the auto-
          rotate starts over again all the time, and keeps rotating also when the stills are
          shown/overlayed.

        • jeff_starley
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 27, 2007
            Thanks for looking, here are a few questions / comments answered:-

            > What is the cubesize you are using?
            1024

            >Did you create this with flashpanorama 2.1?
            Yes

            > Personally I'd prefer that the pictures stabilize faster when they
            > > expand. In the version I'm seeing, the pictures wobble around
            for
            > > several seconds, during which time they show prominent aliasing
            effects
            > > and cannot be looked at closely because they're moving too
            much. This
            > > is too much emphasis on the transition effect -- it detracts
            from the
            > > images being shown.
            >
            > And I'll second that too - and add that I also find it a bit
            distracting that the auto-
            > rotate starts over again all the time, and keeps rotating also
            when the stills are
            > shown/overlayed.
            >
            > --
            > Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

            Guys please don't forget that this is only a test.
            As always, in any form of image display, viewers opinions will be
            vastly different, likes and dis-likes are purely personal.

            I will take all your comments onboard, but I have set it to run this
            way to check that it is functioning as expected.
            The pictures that move were literally just ¨thrown¨ in as they were
            in the same folder I was working from, I do not expect anyone to be
            studying them as their contents are of no particular importance.

            The comments about which browser do or do not display the pano are
            of most help to me at this moment.

            Thanks for taking the time to view and comment.

            Jeff
          • Andrei Bodrov
            Message 5 of 11 , Jul 2, 2007
              Hi folks,

              I was shoot few panoramas at Peking Paris Motor Challenge's Tallinn visit.

              You can check it at: http://www.360pano.eu/pekingparis/

              More info about this event:
              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peking_to_paris

              FYI: I used monopod with simple L-bracket and my new toy PocketWizard
              Plus II http://www.pocketwizard.com/HTML/plus2.asp

              with best regards,
              Andrei Bodrov