Could any members please check this for me?

  • jeff_starley
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 26, 2007
      Hi everyone, I have just got my own webspace and have posted a pano
      which uses Flash to display. I would like to check if there are any
      problems with this on various browsers. So if anyone has the time can
      they try it and let me know the results.

      http://www.jeffstarley.com/LowryFlashPano/Lowry4.swf

      If you click on any of the pictures within the pano they should move
      to the front, and then return to their origin when another one is
      selected.
      Jeff

      website: jeffstarley.com or jeffstarleyphotography.com
    • I.S.P. 642
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 26, 2007
        Hi I'm Rik from ISP Inc, I've been sitting in the shadows and learning from all these guys....I just checked your site out ....AWSOME......It works on my end SeeeeeeeeYaaaaaaa

      • - AYRTON - (avi)
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 26, 2007
          On 26/06/2007, at 20:16, jeff_starley wrote:

          > Hi everyone, I have just got my own webspace and have posted a pano
          > which uses Flash to display. I would like to check if there are any
          > problems with this on various browsers. So if anyone has the time can
          > they try it and let me know the results.
          >
          > http://www.jeffstarley.com/LowryFlashPano/Lowry4.swf
          >
          > If you click on any of the pictures within the pano they should move
          > to the front, and then return to their origin when another one is
          > selected.

          PERFECT
          beautifull
          MAC os X 10.4.9
          [ ]s
          Ayrton

          > Jeff
          >
          > website: jeffstarley.com or jeffstarleyphotography.com

        • Dave Thomson
          Message 4 of 11 , Jun 26, 2007
            Works perfectly in IE 6.00. And it's a GREAT effect!
            Congratulations.
            Dave

            On 26/06/2007, at 20:16, jeff_starley wrote:

            > Hi everyone, I have just got my own webspace and have posted a pano
            > which uses Flash to display. I would like to check if there are any
            > problems with this on various browsers. So if anyone has the time can
            > they try it and let me know the results.
            >
            > http://www.jeffstarley.com/LowryFlashPano/Lowry4.swf
            >
            > If you click on any of the pictures within the pano they should move
            > to the front, and then return to their origin when another one is
            > selected.

            PERFECT
            beautifull
            MAC os X 10.4.9
            [ ]s
            Ayrton

            > Jeff
            >
            > website: jeffstarley.com or jeffstarleyphotography.com

          • Michael Asgian
            Message 5 of 11 , Jun 26, 2007
              Yes, it's working...

              What is the cubesize you are using?

              Hi everyone, I have just got my own webspace and have posted a pano

              which uses Flash to display. I would like to check if there are any

              problems with this on various browsers. So if anyone has the time can

              they try it and let me know the results.

              http://www.jeffstar ley.com/LowryFla shPano/Lowry4. swf

              If you click on any of the pictures within the pano they should move

              to the front, and then return to their origin when another one is

              selected.

              Jeff

              website: jeffstarley. com or jeffstarleyphotogra phy.com

              <!--

              #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
              #ygrp-text{
              font-family:Georgia;
              }
              #ygrp-text p{
              margin:0 0 1em 0;}
              #ygrp-tpmsgs{
              font-family:Arial;
              clear:both;}
              #ygrp-vitnav{
              #ygrp-vitnav a{
              padding:0 1px;}
              #ygrp-actbar{
              #ygrp-actbar .left{
              float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
              .bld{font-weight:bold;}
              #ygrp-grft{
              #ygrp-ft{
              padding:5px 0;
              }
              #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
              padding-bottom:10px;}

              #ygrp-vital{
              #ygrp-vital #vithd{
              #ygrp-vital ul{
              padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
              #ygrp-vital ul li{
              }
              #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
              #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
              font-weight:bold;}
              #ygrp-vital a {
              text-decoration:none;}

              #ygrp-vital a:hover{
              text-decoration:underline;}

              #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
              color:#999;font-size:77%;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
              padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
              #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
              text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
              #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
              padding:8px 0;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
              text-decoration:none;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
              text-decoration:underline;}
              #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
              margin:0;}
              o {font-size:0;}
              .MsoNormal {
              margin:0 0 0 0;}
              #ygrp-text tt{
              font-size:120%;}
              blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
              .replbq {margin:4;}
              -->

            • Eric O'Brien
              Message 6 of 11 , Jun 26, 2007
                Amusingly, using OmniWeb on the Mac, for me the initial image is
                about the size of a POSTAGE STAMP, positioned in the upper left-hand
                corner of the browser window.

                However, Safari ("Version 3.0 (522.11)") seems to work OK, as does
                WebKit (also reporting "Version 3.0 (522.11)").

                Firefox [Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OzS X Mach-O; en-US; rv:
                1.8.1.4) Gecko/20070515 Firefox/2.0.0.4] seems to work OK.

                On Jun 26, 2007, at 4:16 PM, jeff_starley wrote:

                > Hi everyone, I have just got my own webspace and have posted a pano
                > which uses Flash to display. I would like to check if there are any
                > problems with this on various browsers. So if anyone has the time can
                > they try it and let me know the results.
                >
                > http://www.jeffstarley.com/LowryFlashPano/Lowry4.swf
                >
                > If you click on any of the pictures within the pano they should move
                > to the front, and then return to their origin when another one is
                > selected.
                > Jeff
                >
                > website: jeffstarley.com or jeffstarleyphotography.com

              • dtonnes
                Message 7 of 11 , Jun 26, 2007
                  Doesn't work on my windoze xp machine with I.E. 7 (blank white screen) - but
                  it works in FireFox 2.

                  Did you create this with flashpanorama 2.1?

                • Rik Littlefield
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jun 26, 2007
                    --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "jeff_starley"
                    <jeffstarleyphoto@...> wrote:

                    > Hi everyone, I have just got my own webspace and have posted a pano
                    > which uses Flash to display. I would like to check if there are any
                    > problems with this on various browsers. So if anyone has the time can
                    > they try it and let me know the results.
                    >
                    > http://www.jeffstarley.com/LowryFlashPano/Lowry4.swf

                    Works fine, Windows XP SP2, IE 6.0.2900.2180.

                    It's a very novel and promising technique.

                    Personally I'd prefer that the pictures stabilize faster when they
                    expand. In the version I'm seeing, the pictures wobble around for
                    several seconds, during which time they show prominent aliasing effects
                    and cannot be looked at closely because they're moving too much. This
                    is too much emphasis on the transition effect -- it detracts from the
                    images being shown.

                    --Rik
                  • Bjørn K Nilssen
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jun 27, 2007
                      On 27 Jun 2007 at 5:29, Rik Littlefield wrote:

                      > Works fine, Windows XP SP2, IE 6.0.2900.2180.

                      But doesn't work in IE 7./XPsp2
                      Works fine in Opera though.

                      > It's a very novel and promising technique.

                      I'll second that :)

                      > Personally I'd prefer that the pictures stabilize faster when they
                      > expand. In the version I'm seeing, the pictures wobble around for
                      > several seconds, during which time they show prominent aliasing effects
                      > and cannot be looked at closely because they're moving too much. This
                      > is too much emphasis on the transition effect -- it detracts from the
                      > images being shown.

                      And I'll second that too - and add that I also find it a bit distracting that the auto-
                      rotate starts over again all the time, and keeps rotating also when the stills are
                      shown/overlayed.

                    • jeff_starley
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jun 27, 2007
                        Thanks for looking, here are a few questions / comments answered:-

                        > What is the cubesize you are using?
                        1024

                        >Did you create this with flashpanorama 2.1?
                        Yes

                        > Personally I'd prefer that the pictures stabilize faster when they
                        > > expand. In the version I'm seeing, the pictures wobble around
                        for
                        > > several seconds, during which time they show prominent aliasing
                        effects
                        > > and cannot be looked at closely because they're moving too
                        much. This
                        > > is too much emphasis on the transition effect -- it detracts
                        from the
                        > > images being shown.
                        >
                        > And I'll second that too - and add that I also find it a bit
                        distracting that the auto-
                        > rotate starts over again all the time, and keeps rotating also
                        when the stills are
                        > shown/overlayed.
                        >
                        > --
                        > Bjørn K Nilssen - http://bknilssen.no - panoramas and 3D

                        Guys please don't forget that this is only a test.
                        As always, in any form of image display, viewers opinions will be
                        vastly different, likes and dis-likes are purely personal.

                        I will take all your comments onboard, but I have set it to run this
                        way to check that it is functioning as expected.
                        The pictures that move were literally just ¨thrown¨ in as they were
                        in the same folder I was working from, I do not expect anyone to be
                        studying them as their contents are of no particular importance.

                        The comments about which browser do or do not display the pano are
                        of most help to me at this moment.

                        Thanks for taking the time to view and comment.

                        Jeff
                      • Andrei Bodrov
                        Message 11 of 11 , Jul 2, 2007
                          Hi folks,

                          I was shoot few panoramas at Peking Paris Motor Challenge's Tallinn visit.

                          You can check it at: http://www.360pano.eu/pekingparis/

                          More info about this event:
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peking_to_paris

                          FYI: I used monopod with simple L-bracket and my new toy PocketWizard
                          Plus II http://www.pocketwizard.com/HTML/plus2.asp

                          with best regards,
                          Andrei Bodrov