Fullscreen QTVR Pano Troubleshooting.

  • dalgetyuk
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 26, 2007
      I have four full-screen QTVR panos uploaded:
      http://www.boathousecottage.co.uk/360.htm

      I would be grateful for feedback on any problems experienced seeing
      them.

      They work fine here on my two PCs with WinXP IE 6, 7 and Firefox 1.5,
      2. I've checked with a couple of friends and they work okay on their
      XP/IE7 setups. However on my father's two Dell computers running
      Windows XP and IE 7 they simply will not work. The screen is
      completely blank with 'done' displayed in the status bar. We've
      reinstalled QuickTime 7.1.6 etc but no joy. QuickTime on other sites
      is working successfully. I wonder if there is some third party
      software disallowing it to be displayed in a pop-up window?

      Any ideas would be appreciated.

      Thanks, David
    • Jim Watters
      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 26, 2007
        WinXP
        , QT 7.1.3 Firefox - worked.
        , QT 7.1.3 IE7 - message - some MIME types no longer associated with QT
        do you want to reset them?...
        - select no - did not work.
        - reloaded, select yes - worked.

        There is an option to the message to check "do not show this again".
        Some place in the options of QT there is a place to reset the types.
        Reinstalling QT should have solved this though.

        Jim

        --
        Jim Watters

        jwatters @ photocreations . ca
        http://photocreations.ca
      • dorindxn
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 26, 2007
          --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dalgetyuk" <David@...> wrote:

          > I have four full-screen QTVR panos uploaded:
          > http://www.boathousecottage.co.uk/360.htm
          >
          > I would be grateful for feedback on any problems experienced seeing
          > them.
          >
          > They work fine here on my two PCs with WinXP IE 6, 7 and Firefox
          1.5,
          > 2. I've checked with a couple of friends and they work okay on
          their
          > XP/IE7 setups. However on my father's two Dell computers running
          > Windows XP and IE 7 they simply will not work. The screen is
          > completely blank with 'done' displayed in the status bar. We've
          > reinstalled QuickTime 7.1.6 etc but no joy. QuickTime on other
          sites
          > is working successfully. I wonder if there is some third party
          > software disallowing it to be displayed in a pop-up window?
          >
          > Any ideas would be appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks, David

          Hi David, seems that others encountered that problem too and has
          solved by changing some security settings in IE, maybe regarding
          activex. See if that help

          Dorin
        • Sacha Griffin
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 26, 2007
            It works ok here. The 360s are a little misguided I think. For your cottage,
            I would think not too many people care about what the bedrooms look like.

            I'd much rather see beautiful vrs of the exteriors and nearby locations.

            Technically, you should reduce your height from 100% to 98 or 99. The
            controller bar goes off the screen a little bit.

            Sacha Griffin
            www.southern-digital.com
            www.seeit360.net
            www.ezphotosafe.com
            404-551-4275
            404-731-7798

            _____

            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 26, 2007
              Thanks Jim

              This looks helpful. I'll experiment.

              David

              > WinXP
              > , QT 7.1.3 Firefox - worked.
              > , QT 7.1.3 IE7 - message - some MIME types no longer associated
              with QT
              > do you want to reset them?...
              > - select no - did not work.
              > - reloaded, select yes - worked.
              >
              > There is an option to the message to check "do not show this
              again".
              > Some place in the options of QT there is a place to reset the
              types.
              > Reinstalling QT should have solved this though.
              >
              > Jim
              >
              > dalgetyuk wrote:
              > > I have four full-screen QTVR panos uploaded:
              > > http://www.boathousecottage.co.uk/360.htm
              > >
              > > I would be grateful for feedback on any problems experienced
              seeing
              > > them.
              > >
              > > They work fine here on my two PCs with WinXP IE 6, 7 and Firefox
              1.5,
              > > 2. I've checked with a couple of friends and they work okay on
              their
              > > XP/IE7 setups. However on my father's two Dell computers
              running
              > > Windows XP and IE 7 they simply will not work. The screen is
              > > completely blank with 'done' displayed in the status bar. We've
              > > reinstalled QuickTime 7.1.6 etc but no joy. QuickTime on other
              sites
              > > is working successfully. I wonder if there is some third party
              > > software disallowing it to be displayed in a pop-up window?
              > >
              > > Any ideas would be appreciated.
              > >
              > > Thanks, David
              > >

              > --
              > Jim Watters
              >
              > jwatters @ photocreations . ca
              > http://photocreations.ca

            • dalgetyuk
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 26, 2007
                --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dorindxn" <Dorin@...> wrote:

                > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "dalgetyuk" <David@> wrote:
                > >
                > > I have four full-screen QTVR panos uploaded:
                > > http://www.boathousecottage.co.uk/360.htm
                > >
                > > I would be grateful for feedback on any problems experienced
                seeing
                > > them.
                > >
                > > They work fine here on my two PCs with WinXP IE 6, 7 and Firefox
                > 1.5,
                > > 2. I've checked with a couple of friends and they work okay on
                > their
                > > XP/IE7 setups. However on my father's two Dell computers
                running
                > > Windows XP and IE 7 they simply will not work. The screen is
                > > completely blank with 'done' displayed in the status bar. We've
                > > reinstalled QuickTime 7.1.6 etc but no joy. QuickTime on other
                > sites
                > > is working successfully. I wonder if there is some third party
                > > software disallowing it to be displayed in a pop-up window?
                > >
                > > Any ideas would be appreciated.
                > >
                > > Thanks, David
                > >

                > Hi David, seems that others encountered that problem too and has
                > solved by changing some security settings in IE, maybe regarding
                > activex. See if that help
                >
                > Dorin

                Hi Dorin, thanks for your tip. I found:
                http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912945
                crikey.. it looks complicated. shall investigate.

                Cheers, David
              • dalgetyuk
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 26, 2007
                  Hi Sacha

                  Thanks for feedback... were you using Firefox? I'll try 98% on the
                  CSS for Firefox to fix the toolbar partly below the fold. I checked
                  out your site and like the plug-in options you offer and the
                  toolbars. Nice.

                  The interiors were shot in early spring and the exteriors are in
                  progress :-) The client AKA as my farther would like the interior
                  panos with windows clickable for partial landscape panos and further
                  outdoor panos by the river. I'm waiting for outside work on a fence
                  to finish and autumn colours which brings the place alive. Otherwise
                  I need the river to be at the right level (not too low or in flood
                  as it is now) , the weather to be nice and the cattle to stay out of
                  my camera ;-) it's a nice project to work on and I'm looking forward
                  to bringing in some sound of the water and the birds and the bees.

                  Will post update later this year.

                  Thanks, David

                  --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Sacha Griffin"
                  <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

                  > It works ok here. The 360s are a little misguided I think. For
                  your cottage,
                  > I would think not too many people care about what the bedrooms
                  look like.

                  > I'd much rather see beautiful vrs of the exteriors and nearby
                  locations.

                  > Technically, you should reduce your height from 100% to 98 or 99.
                  The
                  > controller bar goes off the screen a little bit.
                  >

                  > Sacha Griffin
                  > www.southern-digital.com
                  > www.seeit360.net
                  > www.ezphotosafe.com
                  > 404-551-4275
                  > 404-731-7798
                  >
                  > _____

                • Sacha Griffin
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 26, 2007
                    Yup, firefox. Thanks for the compliments.

                    I liked the site design and exterior photos and was disappointed not to see
                    some nice exterior VR's.

                    Perhaps, it'd be good for business to shoot some temporary exterior VR's and
                    just replace them later when things are perfect.

                    That'd give your interior vr's some balance.

                    Sacha Griffin
                    www.southern-digital.com
                    www.seeit360.net
                    www.ezphotosafe.com
                    404-551-4275
                    404-731-7798

                    _____

                    <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

                    > It works ok here. The 360s are a little misguided I think. For
                    your cottage,
                    > I would think not too many people care about what the bedrooms
                    look like.

                    > I'd much rather see beautiful vrs of the exteriors and nearby
                    locations.

                    > Technically, you should reduce your height from 100% to 98 or 99.
                    The
                    > controller bar goes off the screen a little bit.
                    >

                    > Sacha Griffin
                    > www.southern-digital.com
                    > www.seeit360.net
                    > www.ezphotosafe.com
                    > 404-551-4275
                    > 404-731-7798
                    >
                    > _____

                  • dalgetyuk
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jun 26, 2007
                      Good idea Sacha. Come to think of it this is a nice opportunity for
                      a time lapse then its something more permanent. The river tweed
                      changes so much over the year. The time lapse idea is inspired by
                      Jeffrey Martin's talk at Panotools meeting in Bath(UK) last year. Oh
                      dear I now need to find a good bracket and a sign ;-)

                      Firefox positioning fixed I think. Avoided CSS hack by realising
                      body needed to be set to 100% width and height with a 0px margin and
                      5px padding.

                      <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

                      > Yup, firefox. Thanks for the compliments.
                      >

                      > I liked the site design and exterior photos and was disappointed
                      not to see
                      > some nice exterior VR's.
                      >
                      > Perhaps, it'd be good for business to shoot some temporary
                      exterior VR's and
                      > just replace them later when things are perfect.
                      >
                      > That'd give your interior vr's some balance.
                      >

                      > Sacha Griffin
                      > www.southern-digital.com
                      > www.seeit360.net
                      > www.ezphotosafe.com
                      > 404-551-4275
                      > 404-731-7798
                      >
                      > _____

                    • Sacha Griffin
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jun 26, 2007
                        Yes, that looks better.

                        Another thing, do not use window.moveTo(0,0);

                        when the browser is already maximized.. or even more conservatively..
                        anywhere close.

                        Most people don't like that. Especially with big displays, they can see your
                        VR just fine even when it only occupies a portion of their monitor.

                        Additionally, think about all their other tabs and apps open.

                        Sacha Griffin
                        www.southern-digital.com
                        www.seeit360.net
                        www.ezphotosafe.com