Re: [PanoToolsNG] A 3D/pano project (Google Earth)

  • Bjørn K Nilssen
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 25, 2007
      On 23 Jun 2007 at 13:12, Milko Amorth wrote:

      > Hi Bjoern,
      >
      > > http://bknilssen.no/afh/tur/AFH09.kmz
      > > It points to the same VTour, on that other agder.fhs.no domain.
      >
      > This time it worked fine on Mac GE 4.0.
      >
      > Excellent Tour in GE.

      Thanks :)

      > A visual preview still in the ballons would elevate the tour experience in
      > GE. I feel it is a well constructed VRtour. Bravo.

      Yes, maybe I should add thumbnails too?
      I thought it was overkill, but maybe not?
      As they would be links to external files it wouldn't add to the already quite large .kmz
      file that was necessary to add ortho photo with enough ground detail. GE is unfortunately
      very coarse in our part of of the world, both terrainwise and aerial/sattelite-wise. I
      think the whole area is covered with jus a few pixels.
      Hopefully GE will get a new "LookAround" mode some time, allowing visitors to view a
      panosphere right inside GE, like we can do now with devices like SpaceNavigator. It would
      be a heavy download packing big tours into a .kmz file though. Right now there's about
      50MB.