Pano settings do not take for conversion lens

  • kkcwiebe
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 25, 2007
      I have a DMC-FZ20 and recently purchased a Raynox conversion lens
      (66x). While the lens works great, I can no longer stitch the images.
      My Pano tripod setup was adjusted to remove the "parallax" using this
      new lens and is not the issue. What happens is my pictures align well
      for the 1st 2/3rds from the top and slowly shift up/down after that. I
      think it is a math thing dealing with the distortion of this new lens.
      But it must somehow be corrected.

      ANY IDEAS??
      Kevin W
    • John Houghton
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 25, 2007
        --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "kkcwiebe" <kkcwiebe@...> wrote:

        > I have a DMC-FZ20 and recently purchased a Raynox conversion lens
        > (66x). While the lens works great, I can no longer stitch the images.

        Kevin, There's very little to go on here. I imagine it is the 0.66x
        lens rather than 66x. You don't say what software you are using to
        stitch the images, but I had no difficulty in using PTGui to correct
        the distortion in a sample image from Raynox web site reasonably well.
        Maybe you could you could make a set of images available on a web site
        somewhere, orif you care to email them to me I would be happy to try a
        stitch.

        John