Re: Hyperfocal Focusing with new digital lenses

  • Timo Schnitzlein
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 25, 2007
      There's no true gold standard way of how to do this.

      If I need to work with truely high precision (using a D70 and AF
      lenses - same problem), I select an object at hyperfocal distance
      (consider using a measurement tape) and make an AF measurement. Sure,
      this measurement only has limited accuracy, so I take precautions:

      I usually stop my lens down one step further than required for the
      selected hyperfpocal DOF's f-stop. I.e. if I select hyperfocal
      distance for f 5.6, I use f 8.0.

      BTW, do you know this site for DOF calculators (they even have a prog.
      for Palm OS PDAs):

      http://www.dofmaster.com/

      regards, Timo.