PTGUI Pro Hdr Beta

  • Kyle Goodnight
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 23, 2007
      I have PTGUI v6.03 now and am considering upgrading to the HDR version but should I wait for the
      completed version? I am learning how to do HDRs now and do not want to confuse myself (easy to do)
      trying to learn the proper way with a version that has problems of it's own. I have not downloaded
      the Trial V7 yet. Anyone care to comment on the Beta version as to functionality??

      Thanks
      Kyle
    • Michael Asgian
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 23, 2007
        Works great, I assume the final non beta is very close. I still use an external tonemapper because unpredictable results while batching. Thou I have no idea how this could be fixd... intelligent tonemapping... based on content... automatic... dreaming here :)

        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 23, 2007
          I've been playing with the beta a lot. It just got a lot better in
          b7. It was having serious issues previously with dealing with rotated
          images and such. Much better now. Although sometimes it does run into
          issues doing automatic control points on really extreme exposures.

          What external tonemapper are you using? I am having trouble finding
          one I like as well.

          Alan

          On Jun 23, 2007, at 9:03 AM, Michael Asgian wrote:

          > Works great, I assume the final non beta is very close. I still use
          > an external tonemapper because unpredictable results while
          > batching. Thou I have no idea how this could be fixd... intelligent
          > tonemapping... based on content... automatic... dreaming here :)

        • Michael Asgian
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 23, 2007
            I like Photomatix better. Also I was playing with Artizen, I might buy that one also...

            I've been playing with the beta a lot. It just got a lot better in

            b7. It was having serious issues previously with dealing with rotated

            images and such. Much better now. Although sometimes it does run into

            issues doing automatic control points on really extreme exposures.

            What external tonemapper are you using? I am having trouble finding

            one I like as well.

            Alan

            On Jun 23, 2007, at 9:03 AM, Michael Asgian wrote:

            > Works great, I assume the final non beta is very close. I still use

            > an external tonemapper because unpredictable results while

            > batching. Thou I have no idea how this could be fixd... intelligent

            > tonemapping. .. based on content... automatic... dreaming here :)

            <!--

            #ygrp-mlmsg * {line-height:1.22em;}
            #ygrp-text{
            font-family:Georgia;
            }
            #ygrp-text p{
            margin:0 0 1em 0;}
            #ygrp-tpmsgs{
            font-family:Arial;
            clear:both;}
            #ygrp-vitnav{
            #ygrp-vitnav a{
            padding:0 1px;}
            #ygrp-actbar{
            #ygrp-actbar .left{
            float:left;white-space:nowrap;}
            .bld{font-weight:bold;}
            #ygrp-grft{
            #ygrp-ft{
            padding:5px 0;
            }
            #ygrp-mlmsg #logo{
            padding-bottom:10px;}

            #ygrp-vital{
            #ygrp-vital #vithd{
            #ygrp-vital ul{
            padding:0;margin:2px 0;}
            #ygrp-vital ul li{
            }
            #ygrp-vital ul li .ct{
            #ygrp-vital ul li .cat{
            font-weight:bold;}
            #ygrp-vital a {
            text-decoration:none;}

            #ygrp-vital a:hover{
            text-decoration:underline;}

            #ygrp-sponsor #hd{
            color:#999;font-size:77%;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov{
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov ul{
            padding:0 0 0 8px;margin:0;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov li{
            #ygrp-sponsor #ov li a{
            text-decoration:none;font-size:130%;}
            #ygrp-sponsor #nc {
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad{
            padding:8px 0;}
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad #hd1{
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad a{
            text-decoration:none;}
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad a:hover{
            text-decoration:underline;}
            #ygrp-sponsor .ad p{
            margin:0;}
            o {font-size:0;}
            .MsoNormal {
            margin:0 0 0 0;}
            #ygrp-text tt{
            font-size:120%;}
            blockquote{margin:0 0 0 4px;}
            .replbq {margin:4;}
            -->

          • Carel
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 23, 2007
              Michael Asgian wrote:

              > I like Photomatix better. Also I was playing with Artizen, I might buy
              > that one also...

              Try FDRTools. It is a bit slower, but gives you much more control and
              handles bigger files without having to go into batch mode, so that you can
              still see what you are doing. It also keeps your colors closer to the
              original.
              One of the things I use a lot in FDRTools is the "separation" mode, where
              you minimize ghosting caused by movement of objects (ghosting caused by
              bracketing - a different issue from ghosting between adjoining images).
              Photomatix has something similar, but FDRTools gives you much more control.

              Carel Struycken