Re: Twin 5D/10.5 Nikkor

  • panovrx
    Message 1 of 18 , Jun 21, 2007

      > Here is a a short timelapse sequence with my twin 5D/10.5mm Nikkor rig
      > http://www.mediavr.com/ital1.htm

      > I made a timer that fires both cameras together at about 2.5fps. Plus
      > I have adapted a regular Canon release with time lapse functions to
      > fire both cameras too - the Canon release wont do faster than 1fps
      > though. At 2.5 fps and Medium res - High JPG quality, the cameras
      > will stay in sync for about 140 frames. I will have to try other
      > size, quality settings to see if I can extend that sync capability
      > for the 2.5 fps setting.

      Some more experimenting shows that when fired at 2.5fps two 5Ds will
      stay in very close sync for at least 400 frames when the quality
      setting is reduced to Medium resolution, Low quality Jpeg

      I think that if I got a faster pair of CF cards they would stay in sync
      indefinitely even at the Medium res, High quality setting. It was
      surprise to me to learn btw that the size of card has such a big
      inverse influence on Write speed cf:
      http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/multi_page.asp?cid=6007-8198
      I think I will have to get a couple of ExtremeIV 2 gig. Much faster
      than my 4 gig Extreme III cards.

      Peter
      http://www.mediavr.com/blog