sharpness results differs between cubic/qvtr & equirectangular/qvtr

  • subscriber02
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 18, 2007
      Hello, I recently came across the fact that the quality in relation to sharpness differs a lot from cubic images compared to equirectangular files as a basis for qvtr-creation. The cubic into qvtr-results are a lot sharper than the other way. I did this with the latest versions of ptgui/pano2qvtr. Somebody else did recognize the same results on a different environment. Even that I used 100% quality setting for equirectangular to qvtr did not make a difference.

      Is this a know fact? Are there any ways to create equirectangular in the same quality as from cubic or settings that I should be aware of?