Re: Can't decide: Peleng or MC Zenitar?

  • Yiorgos Teo
    Message 1 of 17 , Jul 30, 2006
      Peleng works nicely on the 350D. Flare can be
      a problem, but there's an easy way around it.
      When I shoot a pano, I normally take 4 shots
      at 90 degrees. When the sun is in the frame,
      I take extra shots at 45 degrees as well.
      This way you can select the shots with the least
      flare or you have enough overlap to mask flared
      regions. Works well for me:

      http://tinyurl.com/ffvyf

      For those in the EU, there's a guy in Germany
      selling Peleng lenses on Ebay. About $20 more than
      direct from Belarus or Russia, but no customs.
      Unfortunately he uses very cheap M42-EOS adapters and
      the lens does not focus properly. I suggest you buy
      the M42 version of the lens and buy a Jolos adapter
      separately.

      Yiorgos

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Andrei Zdetovetchi <zdeto@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi there,
      >
      > I'm trying to acquire fisheye lenses for my Canon EOS 350D. Since I
      don't have much to spend, I was attracted by Peleng. But I also found
      the Zenitar lenses and after reading details about those two, I'm not
      sure witch one is better for panos.
      > Zenitar: http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/zenitar-fisheye-canon-
      eos.htm
      > Peleng:
      http://www.rugift.com/photocameras/peleng_fisheye_lens_for_canon_eos.h
      tm

      > What do you think?
      > I wanted to go for Peleng, I even ordered from kievcamera.com, but
      I got no response. I wrote to Michael Fourman but he's not
      answering... :(