[PanoToolsNG] Re: Adenpanoramer: thank you all for your warm welcome

  • Keith Martin
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 15, 2007
      Sometime around 15/6/07 (at 10:45 +0000) sarah_lvv said:

      >I also think Sigma 8mm is better than the Nikkor 10.5mm, because only 4
      >images are needed, saving you a lot of time when shooting in hot
      >weather:)

      Heh.

      Of course, it would save me approximately 15 seconds or so of actual
      shooting time to shoot 4 rather than 6 or 8. I use a Nikkor 10.5mm
      and a 360Precision Absolute head, and I generally shoot 8 around as a
      lot of my subjects have people passing through and it is very handy
      to have a lot of overlap to play with.

      It honestly takes me a few seconds per shot, at the most. I just put
      one hand on the head's base and walk around the tripod, using a wired
      remote to take each shot as it clicks into place. Sometimes I have to
      slow down a bit because I fill the camera's buffer and have to wait a
      few seconds before completing a sweep!

      Once set up, and assuming you're usinga good head that allows fast
      movement from one angle to the next, shooting time should not be a
      factor.