Re: [PanoToolsNG] PTGUI HDR was: automated HDR+stitching workflow

  • Alan Pinstein
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 10, 2007
      So....

      On Jun 7, 2007, at 12:39 PM, Michael Asgian wrote:

      > Aligned the middle one in PTGUI, saved template, stitched to the batch

      How do you do this part? I was just thinking that this is part of my
      problem (I am re-aligning each set of exposures). What command lets
      you "save template with align points", and if so, how do you switch
      the images but keep the alignment data?

      Also, my alignment is really bad... the images I have are shot on a
      tripod, 10 shots around, (not going for spherical pano at present),
      but when aligned they "wobble" around (curve up and down). This
      doesn't make sense since all shots are level; I think maybe it's
      having trouble with the EXIF data or finding the right lens data?

      > Alligned Low and High based on template, stitched to batch

      yea makes sense...

      > Create hdr out of the three panos in Photomatix and tonemapped...
      > looks great

      No seams? So far all of my attempts have had a blurry "band" at each
      seam...

      > I wish PTGUI could be automized somehow.. or command line

      I bet there's a way to get PTGUI to output what it's doing for you in
      the project... then you could piece together that workflow by hand in
      a script. That's my eventual plan... once I get an interactive
      workflow, er, working, I'll help with this part!

      Alan