Re: hands-on object VR

  • jugstopper777
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 8, 2007

      > does anybody have experience with tools like
      > <http://www.kaidan.com/Detail.bok?no=13> ? is it possible to rent one?

      A C-60? I have one; a really nice object rig 8-) Not exactly something you would want to
      rent, since the shipping alone would cost you a ton, much less breakdown and setup. The
      rig is 12 feet tall and you need additional headroom to set it up. It is a beast, to put it
      mildly. Running it with computer control can get frustrating due to the outdated Kaidan
      emCee software and controling a DSLR instead of a video camera in sync with it takes
      some real fiddling around. I have been trying to get VRWorx to add applescript to their
      application, which would make it much, much easier to do.

      > obviously if i want a full 360°x180° I'll need to spin the object from
      > the bottom when taking top pictures and from the top when taking bottom
      > pictures. Anybody has experience, tips on that?
      >
      > or slightly less ambitious <http://www.kaidan.com/Detail.bok?no=11> ?

      I have one of the older non-motorized versions of one of these. Much easier to transport
      and set up! I also have a motorized turntable (MDT-19) that I usually use to automate at
      least the horizontal rotations.

      > any hint / help / info appreciated.

      What would you like to know?

      John Riley