Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: New panoramas

  • pau
    Message 1 of 31 , Jun 8, 2007
      Hi Nicola!
      Time has passed since you presented the Pelering prototype, as I told
      you I would be interested too. Have you thought about when you will
      produce this little series?
      Thanks a lot!

      pau valiente
      www.pau.cc

      El 31/08/2006, a las 18:16, Nicola Graverini escribió:

      > Rodrigo Alarcon-Cielock ha scritto:
      >> Hi Nicola,
      >>
      >> I am in the UK and I bought the lens from Kiev camera with the eos
      >> canon adaptor already fitted.
      >>
      >> Rodrigo
      >
      > Ok, i'll keep your mail!
      > Who has the peleng on eos can please measure the outer diameter of the
      > canon adapter?
      > Should be 64,8mm
      >
      > Ciao,
      > Nicola

    • Mark Wellman
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 20, 2014
        Awesome. Thank you very much for sharing. I do have Photoshop and will practice what you do.

        On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 11:58 AM, Rodrigo Alarcon <rodrigo_alarcon@...> wrote:

        My latest camera is a 5D mkIII with the Tokina10-17 on a Nodal Ninja mounted on a monopod.

        I take 6 shots round 1 up and 1 down, always in .raw, f11 @ 10mm.

        In photoshop I convert them from .raw to .tif 16bits.

        Import them in to PTgui and create the pano maximum size, 16 bits, psb with layers, ptgui engine with normal sharpening. The resultant file is about 800mb.

        Open the equirectangle up in photoshop, unfortunately Lightroom does support psb files with layers, and clean, with the brush, the panorama looking for misalignments, unwanted objects, then I save the file.

        Flatten the image and clone the bits (normally my toes) that I could not fix on the previous step.

        Adjust the colour sharpen it and use flashificator to produce the pano.

        In a nutshell that is what I do.

        kind regards,

        Rodrigo

        On Thursday, 20 February 2014, 15:08, Mark Wellman <mwellman207@...> wrote:

        Thank you, Rodrigo. I enjoyed looking at your work. I have the Samsung 8mm that I can use handheld with PTGui and Lightroom to make my rectilinear images, then upload to Vpix360 for creating the VR. Can you share with me your workflow?

        For higher res images I use the Manfrotto 303SPH tripod mount with a Canon 5D and 17-40mm lens.

        On Thu, Feb 20, 2014 at 9:43 AM, Rodrigo Alarcon <rodrigo_alarcon@...> wrote:

        Hi Mark,

        Yes now I always use a fisheye lens, the Tokina 10 -17 with the hood petals shaved off; in the past I have also use fisheye-converters like the f8 from Nikon.

        If I remember correctly those one from Cambrils Marina and Park Sama in Cambrils, I shot them back in 2005 using a Nikon CoolPix 4500 camera with the Nikon FC-F8 fisheye lens "P" setting, AE-Lock. That was one of the first Virtual Magazines that I produced.

        kind regards,

        Rodrigo

        On Thursday, 20 February 2014, 13:24, Mark Wellman <mwellman207@...> wrote:

        Rodrigo, I use a Macbook Pro with OS 10.8.5 and had no problem reading your magazine and the VRs with the exception of the link on page 3, the first spread.

        I ask you, do you always use a fisheye lens when shooting? Some of the panos have a lower resolution, like the Cambril Marina, than others. I was wondering why that is.

        On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 1:18 AM, Roger Williams <roger@...> wrote:

        Hi, Rodrigo,

        Thanks for the reply. I tried following the link via the page you recommended but had exactly the same experience. I wondered if it was some obscure Adobe Flash setting (and I do have rather paranoid security settings on my computer for, er, historical reasons). I did find that I needed to authorize your site to store data on my computer, and to allow Flash access, but even after granting this (and opening it up to mic and camera, which I normally never do), I still got no result from clicking (not right click, nor left click, double click, nor click and LONG hold, nor click at various points on and off the revolving icon).

        So you can see I really tried. <sad smile>

        Any other suggestions?

        Roger W.