Re: Nodal Ninja 3 and the EF-S 10-22

  • John Houghton
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 29, 2006
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Daniel M. German" <dmgerman@...>
      wrote:
      > 1. The NN is not able to support this lens out of the box. I estimated
      > the nodal distance (according to the NN scale) for the 10-22 to be
      > 106.5mm (at 10mm). Unfortunately the rubber shoe is too large and
      > the maximum distance that it allows me to set the camera is
      > 100mm.
      >
      > 2. The lens is wider at the end than the camera (between 1 and 2
      > mm).

      Daniel, I have both of these problems with the Sigma 20mm lens. The
      solution I adopted was to use the N3-T20 offset T adapter which came in
      my bundle. This moves the camera away from the upper arm by about 13mm
      and has the further benefit of moving the camera back by 30 or 40mm
      (two mounting holes provided).

      John