NEW Panos from Syria

  • panokaemena@mac.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 29, 2006
      I would like to share some new Panos from peaceful ( YES...GWB) Syria, Especially the famous giant water wheels in Hamah called Norias. As always 4 shots only on monopod with D200 and Nikkor 8 , RAW 8bit. PTMac/ Enblend, and where required I used Jook's HDR for dummies.

      <http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu352.html>

      <http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/Hamah2> ( with original sound!)
      <http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/Hamah1>

      Willy

      <http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu268.html>
    • Serge Maandag (yahoo)
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 29, 2006
        > I would like to share some new Panos from peaceful ( YES...GWB) Syria,

        Somehow I am always surprised when I see green plants in a middle-east
        panorama. That goes to show that somewhere in the back of my mind there's
        a prejudiced part telling me the whole middle east consists only of sand.
        Well, at least there's a camel in the pano :)

        Nice shots, Willy..

        Serge.
      • Roger D. Williams
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 29, 2006
          Thanks for sharing these, Willy. I must say, judging from the original
          sound track, the waterwheels must have been rotating VERY MUCH faster
          than they seem to be doing! I love the camel and his coloured bobbles.
          Great scene setter... Long may the scene remain peaceful!

          Roger W.

          --
          Work: www.adex-japan.com, Play: www.usefilm.com/member/roger
        • panokaemena@mac.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 29, 2006
            I was also surprised when I came near to the wheels to hear that sound, but it is the sound of the wooden shaft turning in the wooden bearing lubricated with water.
            Willy

            On Sunday, July 30, 2006, at 06:16AM, Roger D. Williams <roger@...> wrote:

            ><<Original Attached>>

          • Krzysztof
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006
              --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, panokaemena@... wrote:

              > I was also surprised when I came near to the wheels to hear that
              > sound

              This sound remind me of Eric Rougier guitar ;-)

              --
              Regards,
              Krzysztof
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 31, 2006
                I have got several questions about the noise of these water wheels and the real speed of them. I took a small video clip with my everyday digicam, have a look

                <http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/HamahNoise>

                no fast start but is only about 6ookb

                <http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FSPanos/Menu352.html>

                > <http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/Hamah2> ( with original
                > sound!)
                > <http://homepage.mac.com/wkaemena/FS/Syria/Hamah1>

                Willy directly from Damascus Syria

                From: <panokaemena@...>
                To: <PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com>
                Date: Sun Jul 30, 2006 07:26:15 AM MSD
                Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: NEW Panos from Syria

                I was also surprised when I came near to the wheels to hear that sound, but it is the sound of the wooden shaft turning in the wooden bearing lubricated with water.
                Willy

                On Sunday, July 30, 2006, at 06:16AM, Roger D. Williams <roger@...> wrote:

                ><<Original Attached>>

                <<Original Attached>>