RE: [WWPano] Sigma 8mm

  • Sacha Griffin
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2006
      With the sigma, since it covers so much ground, its hard to line up exactly
      and usually also needs a touch of perspective correction which

      requires something more than a batch de-fisher.

      Once, you've got your sigma8 parameters in ptgui, a pair of vertical control
      points does the job.

      Defished fisheye images are also sometimes better in different projections.

      An example of what's possible can be found from one of my past tours here.

      http://www.southern-digital.com/costarica/

      Sorry, holy OT batman. I am crossing this to the PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      for continued discussions.

      Sore point. I recall a message from Thomas Niemann
      saying that Sigma 8mm is too distorted to de-fish. I
      wish it would be at least possible to correct for
      CA/V, so that the profile would feed into
      BreezeBrowser Pro and both, BBPro and PTLens become
      useable with the Sigma 8mm.

      Yuv