8468Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: OT: A laptop for panos. Intel Core, duo core, core 2 duo..???

  • Carel
    Apr 2, 2007
      Bernhard Vogl-2 wrote:

      > .......snip
      > - the backlight slightly tends towards yellow, so you sometimes miss
      > some shades between yellow and white
      > .......snip
      >
      > Best regards
      > Bernhard

      I will still use my dual monitor 3.4GHz desktop setup for work at home, so I
      am mainly aiming for something that gives a nice juicy image for convincing
      potential clients and with a processor that is not a huge step back from my
      3.4GHz desktop, to do some Photoshop and PTGui stuff "on the road".
      Like Luca I am a big fan of ultralight gear.
      At the moment I am intrigued by the Vaio SZ series, which has LED
      backlighting and supposedly a wide viewing angle, in spite of the glossy
      screen. White LED might give less yellow backlight than the usual
      electroluminescent backlighting used for laptop screens (...?).
      Many of the lighter notebooks use "Intel graphics media accelerator 950"
      which sounds like some integrated scheme with shared VRAM. The Vaio SZ
      series are one of the few who have a separate graphics card, which can be
      switched off for non graphics intensive work and longer battery life. I
      guess the graphics card is only realy needed for showing the panos. I dont
      think it makes a difference when using photoshop(...?).

      Carel