8461Re: OT: A laptop for panos. Intel Core, duo core, core 2 duo..???

  • rox_ana_mustata
    Apr 2, 2007
      On my new notebook (Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pi 1536, Intel Core 2 Duo
      T5500 1.66 GHz, 1 GB RAM, ATI Mobility Radeon X1400 128 MB) the
      panorama images load (with Deval) a little faster than on my old
      desktop (AMD Barton 2500+, 1 GB RAM, ATI RADEON 9200 SE AGP 128 MB).
      When I work with PTGui the notebook is slower than the desktop. 3
      PTGui projects take about 45 min on AMD and ~52 min on Intel. About
      the advantages of having a dual coreÂ…when working on PTGui stitch the
      internet browser open with similar speed (better say similar lack of
      good speed). Do not forget the disadvantages of a TFT screen. The
      black will probably never be black and with all the notebooks that I
      had so far all of them had problem with the yellow (not enough, very
      hard to adjust).

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, Carel <cs@...> wrote:

      > I am thinking of getting a new laptop. It will have to be able to
      showcase
      > panos in the smoothest possible way on a bright screen with a wide
      viewing
      > angle. I am a bit confused about all those duo core varieties out
      there.
      > They all emphasize multi-tasking, but what I am interested in is if
      the
      > number of cores makes a difference when just working in one program
      like
      > Photoshop. At the moment my fastest PC is a 3.4GHz Pentium 4. So
      how do I
      > figure out how much faster or slower a duo core of say 1.66GHz or 2
      GHz is