8454Re: Suggestions for Optimising Spherical Image Quality for WWP Submission?

  • Hans Nyberg
    Apr 2, 2007

      > > Be carefull with that. Resizing directly from PTGui will cause
      > > pixalation in some subjects if you do it to smaller sizes than 60% of
      > > you max resolution. This seems to have been a bug in PTGui since long
      > > ago and it is the same on Mac and Windows.
      >
      > With PTGui internal remap or with Panotools remap? And which
      > interpolator?

      Actually it was John who pointed this out to me.
      I did not believe him first but after some experiments I could see it was true.

      As far as I remember it has nothing to do with the interpolator choosed.
      This must be in the initial resizing step PTgui makes before remapping.