6375Re: Good QTVR compresion ratio and pano size settings for 56 K modem visitors

  • Hans Nyberg
    Feb 1, 2007
      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Flemming V. Larsen" <fvl@...> wrote:

      > I can agree with you to some point, but I don't think the visitors behavior
      > at panoramas.dk can be used as a measure point.
      > I guess most people visiting your pages know what they want and what they
      > can expect to get - so they don't care for the waiting time.
      > On other sites (like hotel-booking etc) the panoramas are just a small part,
      > so the vistors has other purposes and may not be so patient.

      Actually most visitors comes from Google and Yahoo and have no idea what they are
      The Google visitors who most arrive on searches like Mt Everest, Eiffel Tower, New Years
      Eve or First man on the Moon have more pageviews per visitor ( in Jan 2.92% ) than the
      average 2.69.

      Of course there is a lot of them leaving at once either beacuse of no Quicktime (30%) or
      because they perhaps click on an Ad or just are not interested.
      Usually about 50-65% leave the entry page if it is a fullscreen.
      I have 30% leaving the Startpage without seeing anything else.

      However if I can get just 10% of these visitors interested in seeing more and return I think
      it is a success.

      Whats wrong with the Hotel Tours is usually that they are hidden away both from Google
      and the visitors who arrive on the main website.
      The panorama tour should be an entry page like the startpage or any other page.
      Webdesigners do not understand this.
      Each panorama is a valuable ad which should be used just as an ad in Google or on
      another site. Individually optimized they are very valuable.