57397Ultra-wide lens for full frame

  • Robert Lesac
    Jul 29, 2014
      Hi,

      I've been getting ready to upgrade my kit (to D610 probably) and I've
      noticed that there is barely anything in the ultra wide range for full
      frame.

      About the widest I could find is Sigma 12-24mm F4.5-5.6 DG HSM II.
      Going by the reviews it's not all that great at the corners.

      Currently I use a D90 with a Tamron AF 10-24mm F/3.5-4.5 SP Di II LD.
      The difference would be small, barely 12 deg VFOV in portrait mode.

      So that leaves me with fish-eye lens which are IIRC a pain to use (non
      fixed NPP).
      That said I might as well pick up a Samyang 8mm now and shave it later
      when I pick up a full frame.

      Any other recommendations or tips?

      --

      Pano/VR/Gigapixel photography: http://robertlesac.com