    Nov 5 2:49 PM
      Didn't know there was a best possible JPEG setting 😀

      Sent from my iPhone

      On 5 Nov 2013, at 7:00 pm, Ingemar Skarpås <ingemar@...> wrote:

      Thanks Sacha and Roger,

      Just as I suspected I will have to modify the procedures I use. Only recently I have begun using RAW/NEF as a starting point for my panoramas, earlier I used best possible JPEGs direct from the camera. I saw the possibilities using NEFs but I could see that more of the panoramas had to be cut away – probably due to the double corrections. Now I know why!

      So, again, thanks!

      From: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com [mailto:PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Roger D Williams
      Sent: den 5 november 2013 00:28
      To: PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [PanoToolsNG] DxO & PTGui?

      Agree. And from personal experience I can say that DXO is an excellent combination used with PTgui. Provided it has a module for the camera and lens you use,

      Roger W.

      Sent from my iPad

      On Nov 5, 2013, at 12:44 AM, Sacha Griffin <sachagriffin@...> wrote:

      The answer is the same. Do everything you would normally except for distortion correction.

      Sacha Griffin

      Office: 404-551-4275

      On Nov 4, 2013, at 9:26 AM, "Ingemar Skarpås" <ingemar@...> wrote:

      A month ago there was a discussion on this forum about Rokinon/Samyang lenses, the use of Lens Corrections  in LR PS/CR before using PTGui. The answer was not to use that and only use CA and sharpening before PTGui.

      My question is similar but the combination I use is DxO Optics 8/9 and PTGui, instead. I have PSE11 but I do not use that bridge to convert from RAW / NEF to TIFF, PNG. (I am not that good at editing photos so I cannot motivate myself to buy or take high monthly costs, that cannot make use of…) I also believe in a good photo from the start is the key to good results in the end…

      Anyone with experience with DxO Optics and PTGui?

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic