57055Questions shooting panos in low light & busy environments

  • LoveFilm
    Oct 25, 2013

      I've been shooting a lot more panos in spaces with low light and lots of people moving about, such as events, art exhibits, parties, etc..

      So I'm forced to open up my lens quite a bit from my preferred f8.

      I use a Canon 7D with a Sigma 8mm 3.5 and a mono-pod.

      I've taped my lens to the point I feel is the best focus at f8 - a little past infinity.

      But do I need to adjust the Sigma's focus when opening it up to lower f-stops?  Would it even make a difference?  I like to get objects of interest as close as possible to the camera because such a wide lens makes everything appear so distant.

      Another question is using a flash in such environments.  Are there any specific techniques (or preferred equipment ) to using a flash when shooting a pano?   Currently all I have is my camera's built in flash, which leaves an ugly shadow in the bottom middle portion of the image when using the Sigma 8mm.   Would a speed light make a difference or still cause the same type of shadowing when used with the Sigma 8mm?

    • Show all 10 messages in this topic