56961Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: New Magic Lantern breakthrough -- dual ISO

  • Keith Martin
    Sep 9, 2013
      > In Magic Lantern there are various display options for checking the tonal distribution curves etc and a feature called ETTR (expose to the Right) which is recommended for use with DualISO -- but I havent read up on that stuff yet.

      ETTR is an old technique – well, old compared to Magic Lantern builds at least – that aims to get the most from digital sensors. Photos taken using the ETTR approach need to be processed to adjust the final appearance down from the slight over-exposed appearance. But it takes practise to do this while not actually clipping highlights. (Ones you don't want clipped, anyway.)

      I don't know how precisely this maps to the Magic Lantern feature, but it's definitely worth exploring.

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic