56909Re: [PanoToolsNG] Re: Looking for a good, not expensive pan head (SPHERICAL PHOTO)

  • Luca Vascon
    Aug 29, 2013
      ... Could we try to do it together?? I'm good at writing... in ITALIAN!!! :-DD

      2013/8/29 Keith Martin <keith@...>

      The Panosaurus 2.0 is made from aluminium, other than the base which is still plastic. I know the first generation was all plastic, which as you and many others found made it decidedly unsuitable for dSLRs. :-/

      Rita, I don't know how good (or bad) the new version is, but until someone chips in with personal experience I'd advise against putting it at the top of your shopping list.

      Good panorama hardware is not cheap, but that's largely because this is a relatively small market, and also because of the high level of technical precision and testing that's required. The good news is that you do get what you pay for: there are some *excellent* products out there.

      (On this note, I've been contemplating writing a large magazine article on VR pano production for a little while now. It's a very exciting, fascinating field. But the feature isn't past initial planning stage at the moment.)

      Sent by iPad

      On 29 Aug 2013, at 14:00, Trausti Hraunfjord <trausti.hraunfjord@...> wrote:

      I started out with Panosaurus.... is it good? No. Is it usable? Yes. Can it be sold after you decide you should do some serious panoramas? No, but it can be thrown into the trashbin... and pollute.  It is made of PVC plastic that shrinks and twists in sunlight, breaks if it falls.... it is NOT a good head... but it can and will do the job for beginners.

      My best advice is to go with NN.

      Did you ever USE Panosaurus Jeffrey?

      Trausti

      On Thu, Aug 29, 2013 at 5:49 AM, giant_klobasa_monster <panoramas@...> wrote:

      get a PANOSAURUS

      cheap as hell. you can't go wrong

      if you like making panos, then step up and pay real money for a nodal ninja or something.

      --
      Luca Vascon.