56719Re: Tried a Super Clamp(Manfrotto) as the tripod support

  • udaiveer
    Jun 22, 2013
      I was going to do something very similar with the Super Clamp mounted on a Fence or any beam at the location,
      and then on a monopod to work with the Nodal-Nija Pole, to get a above the ground Point of View for the Pano.

      I was wondering if a set of LITE TIGHT wud be req. to b able to move/level the camera?

      and a simple "Turn Table" or a survey Tripod head attached to the Super Clamp.

      Coupled with the new Manfrotto tripods like the 190X Pro, that let u position the "neck in the horizontal position.

      Do u have any pix of ur setup n the results?
      thanks.
      udaiveer

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Bilsland" <rbilsland@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > I've done exactly the same myself. Used a super clamp with a Nodal Ninja and mounted clamped to the handrail of a castle tower. It was a long way down! I used a leveling plate myself at the time but now a days if shooting a spherical panorama I would level it later in post processing.
      >
      > Hope this helps,
      >
      > Robert.
      >

      > --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "udaiveer" <udaiveer@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Was wondering if using a Manfrotto Super clamp, as tripod n mount the pano head( with rotator unit)
      > > I was thinking of locations that are Edges/frames , a cheap option for AirPano, rails,
      > > Can use an Auto Pole too. N mount the super clamp
      > >
      > > Any technical aspect that might b significant?
      > > I thnk the nadir will be easier to clean.
      > > Levelling the head shud b possible if mounted below eye level.

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic