56673Re: Tripod/Monopod Question

  • christophbla
    Jun 5, 2013
      Thanks for your answer!

      The ninja poles would be nice for antennas, but too expensive at the moment :)
      Also I would like to have a monopod that I could double use for hiking as well.. but as I've said I'm unsure how to mount it and if it's stable enough..
      Maybe I could try to find some clamps..

      --- In PanoToolsNG@yahoogroups.com, "Briar" <briar_bentley@...> wrote:

      > I would love to get a ninja pole, and maybe later on this year..in the
      > meantime I have adapted a painters pole ($35NZ) to take the ninja head. It
      > works very well indeed, light and acts as a walking pole when climbing up
      > those hills. Not so clever when used horizontally but OK with lots of
      > builders tape to hold it from unscrewing.
      >
      > Okara Bridge <http://www.360cities.net/image/okara-bridge-second-stage>
      >

      > It only gives me about 11 feet of lift but that is enough for most things I
      > do. I have the camera mounted diagonally (Canon 5D with 8-15mm lens) so six
      > images round gives me almost the full cover, just minor holes at nadir and
      > zenith. I must acknowledge the brilliant work of Roger Berry for this
      > technique.
      >

      > Hope this helps, Briar.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic