      From: panovrx
      Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 9:22 PM
      Subject: [PanoToolsNG] Re: 14bit raw video from Canon 5d II/III

      Yes but HDMI capture just gives you less compression, not raw dynamic range or raw color correction capability. HDMI capture is like going from jpg at Low Quality to jpg at Maximum quality. Whereas raw capture is like going from jpg at Low Quality to Raw. There are some artifacts associated with the Raw capture currently but compared to the regular video quality it is a vast improvement