56614Re: [PanoToolsNG] The year of 360 video! New challenges...

  • Bruno Postle
    May 15, 2013
      On Wed 15-May-2013 at 13:07 +0200, Roberto Mancuso wrote:

      > very interesting suggetion, but you could need a device able to
      > record the inclination data....gopro doesn¹t have a similar
      > device...does it?

      Such logging hardware exists, though I have no idea if it has ever
      been connected to a 360° video rig... I was just noticing that
      stabilising these rigs mechanically has lots of really obvious
      drawbacks compared to post-processing.

      --
      Bruno

      >On Tue 14-May-2013 at 10:27 +0200, Giorgio Marchetto wrote:
      >>
      >> What's the new challenges (critical points) for us with 360 video?
      >> I would like to share with you about this. What do you think
      >> about? Here some points, add yours...
      >>
      >> - video stabilization: the new promising brushless technology, a
      >> good traditional steadycam, or a gyro stabilizer?
      >
      >It shouldn't be necessary to stabilise the entire rig with this
      >heavy equipment, a better solution would be to log the inclination
      >during recording and use this information to level the video during
      >post-processing.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic